Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

a really moving french site

Article about: hello my friends!This one is for you!Ho no!Not an another Froggies language site....Yes!And no!You will find wonderful testimonies of people who lived the history,and some are translated(go

Default a really moving french site

hello my friends!This one is for you!Ho no!Not an another Froggies language site....Yes!And no!You will find wonderful testimonies of people who lived the history,and some are translated(go in "Dossiers")I think you'll be very happy to see what some French have done to honour your young flying men falled down.
    And in "fouilles",many pictures of wreck recoveries all around my good ole town of Rouen,Normandie.
    If you've yet seen this site,I 'll come back to school to perfect my English first,and second,I'll apologize...

news

Default Re: a really moving french site

Sebfrench

Great link with some great pics although I cant understand the scripts

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Hi Nick and thanks!As I said in the thread,if you go in the "Dossier" file,you'll find amazing diairies translated,especially the one about the US pilot hidden for months in a farm.If you need some translations,don't hesitate to send me a screen capture,and I'll do my best.Cheers

Quote by sebfrench76 View Post
    Hi Nick and thanks!As I said in the thread,if you go in the "Dossier" file,you'll find amazing diairies translated,especially the one about the US pilot hidden for months in a farm.If you need some translations,don't hesitate to send me a screen capture,and I'll do my best.Cheers
    Sebfrench

Found the translations and there are some great stories. I like particularly the one about the Canadian crew of the Whitley. Where I live the Royal Canadian Airforce were stationed during WW2 and their war graves are located literally along the road from my house!
    It is very sad reading the gravestones as many of the airmen were only 17 years old!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Hello,
    Google translates for me, just click on 'translate' on the toolbar.
    Cheers,
    navyman.

of course,dear,but I think I will be very surprised of the accuracy of translation...When I use the google tool to translate ,I generaly go on laughing for the rest of the day !

mjw
    ?

Hello Sebfrench,

Thank you for the link. A very interesting site.

Kind regards, Malcolm.

Quote by sebfrench76 View Post
    of course,dear,but I think I will be very surprised of the accuracy of translation...When I use the google tool to translate ,I generaly go on laughing for the rest of the day !
    I agree, but I can understand and it's a lot better than my schoolboy French!
    Cheers,
    navyman. (La or Le) ?

un autre SUPER lien en Francais merci beaucoup ! super site !

hi Navyman!
    I agree, but I can understand and it's a lot better than my schoolboy French!
    Cheers,
    navyman. (La or Le) ?
    So,first,it quite enjoyable for me to find an Englishman who's learnt a little bit of French at School...And second,to reply to your request,it's "Le Navyman",cause I think you're a boy...
    Today,I will post some pictures of RMS Lusitania's rare item.Considering your user's name,you could be interested.
    Have a good day

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast