Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Trench knife

Article about: Hi everyone! Can anyone help me with my quest? I found this in some of my grandfathers stuff, I know he served during ww1 and thought perhaps this was a pearsonal wepon used in trench raids.

kipperstagg
    ?

Post Trench knife

Hi everyone! Can anyone help me with my quest?
    I found this in some of my grandfathers stuff, I know he served during ww1 and thought perhaps this was a pearsonal wepon
    used in trench raids.
    I have been looking on the net for the past year and can find nothing like it anywhere?
    there are no marking at all on it, it is made of mild steel and weight wise it is one pound exactly
    it looks factory made (possibly pressed out by machine?)
    I would love to know more about it, so if anyone can help I would be most happy!

Many thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Trench knife   Trench knife  

?

Default Re: Trench knife

hi , very interesting item . i would say you are right that it may be a trench warfare weapon . many styles of knuckleduster knife/spike type of weapons were used and cut down swords and bayonets. . proving it may be another matter. thanks for posting ,love seeing these type of improvised weapons ...cheers paul

Default Re: Trench knife

I have a knuckleduster in my collection it came from Meuse Argonne the one you have is very different from the one I have.I would say that the one you have was field made it is probably not made by a US soldier .The british soldiers and German Soldiers made alot of weapons themself during the war the US soldiers just did not do that on the amount of other countries did.