Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Knives of the Hungarian anti-terror units

Article about: Hi ! I´m looking out for sites, concerning the hungarian Dpt. of the interior / Ministry of internal affairs. Why? I´m searching pics of these anti-terror units, I can see the fighting-knife

Default Knives of the Hungarian anti-terror units

Hi !

I´m looking out for sites, concerning the hungarian Dpt. of the interior / Ministry of internal affairs.

Why?
    I´m searching pics of these anti-terror units, I can see the fighting-knife, (or other blank-weapon´s), used in this particular troop.

Thx.,

R.

Default Re: knive´s of the hungarian anti-terror units

here´re images of this particular knife:

(the knive´s a little shorter than the hungarian current used bayonet and looks almost similar to the hungarian airborne fighting-knife).

The hungarian paratrooper´s training-knife also show´s an, (almost similar), plastic- grip, like the fighting-knife of the Dpt. of the interior.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Knives of the Hungarian anti-terror units   Knives of the Hungarian anti-terror units  

Knives of the Hungarian anti-terror units   Knives of the Hungarian anti-terror units  

Knives of the Hungarian anti-terror units   Knives of the Hungarian anti-terror units  

Reibert

There is site called Military Photos which has a Photo & Video section with a lot of modern military & police photos.

Might be something there for you.

Military Photos

Regards

Richie

Thx. Richie, I´ll have a look !

Rgds.,

R.

?

According to Martin D. Ivie's book this is a Hungarian fighting knife based on AKM bayonet. Theese knifes were issued with the AMD65 ( Hungarian short barreled AKM) to paratroops. Because of the design of the AMD65, mounting a bayonet was not possible . Since the bayonet also served as a field knife a substitute was needed.

Quote by PREST1 View Post
    According to Martin D. Ivie's book this is a Hungarian fighting knife based on AKM bayonet. Theese knifes were issued with the AMD65 ( Hungarian short barreled AKM) to paratroops. Because of the design of the AMD65, mounting a bayonet was not possible . Since the bayonet also served as a field knife a substitute was needed.
    Thx., but you are talking about the hungarian paratrooper´s fighting-knife.
    I´m looking out for further informations and images of the fighting-knife of the Hungarian anti-terror units !

Rgds.,

R.

Rgds.,

R.

?

Default Re: Knives of the Hungarian anti-terror units

I'm refering to the text in Ivie's book about the knife in the first picture.

I can send bigger pic's to you by email if you want
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Knives of the Hungarian anti-terror units   Knives of the Hungarian anti-terror units  

Knives of the Hungarian anti-terror units  

There´re some differences in the length of the blade and also the sawback is different.

I´d appreciate, if you´d mail some bigger immages.

Thx. a lot,

R.

Hello friends!

I just want to tell you an extra information about hungarian para knife...
    In some cases, this knife was a part of the survival kit of Pilots.It is still not clear who was the original Producer, but there are clues saying it was FÉG Hungary.

I am collecting fighting knifes from a while, also hungarian types, but i have never seen a direct anti-terrorist knife, probably bcause there is no standard for it.
    Can you describe me , what do you think under anti-terrorist knife?