Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe 2nd dagger.

Article about: Hi everyone just a question on a blade that I am thinking of buying. I do own a maker marked dagger all ready, so I do know what to look for in the marked blades. Here is my problem I have s

?

Question Luftwaffe 2nd dagger.

Hi everyone just a question on a blade that I am thinking of buying. I do own a maker marked dagger all ready, so I do know what to look for in the marked blades.

Here is my problem I have seen this dagger and went over every inch of it, there is no marks its an unmarked blade but orginal, iam not to fimilar with the unmarked daggers and was wondering if anyone here could set me stright? First the hangers there also unmarked no rzm, or drgm, anywhere to be found they also have spring clips, now could these hanagers be pre rzm, or just phony, because all the hangers I have ever seen are marked.

Secondly the scabbard has brass rings were the hangers are attached to, again never see brass used only the silver rings. So I am just wondering if the hangers and scabbered are pre rzm or phony. Any help would be greatly APP. Sorry I do not have pictures at the present time.

Thanks john

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe 2nd  dagger.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftwaffe 2nd dagger.

Hi John, I don't like the sound of the brass rings at all.

Hangers are often unmarked, so that is not a big concern. Bear in mind, RZM markings were not regulation on these hangers, but still can be found.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Ok Ade so the brass rings set up a red flag for you also? But what I can't get is everything looks right from the blade tang,handle, wire wrap, and eagle. Maybe its a good blade in a repo scabbard?

Hi John
    Pictures would tell for sure, and as Ade pointed out they "Shouldn't" have ANY RZM markings anywhere on the dagger. There are quite a few unmarked blades about, usually, but not always attributed to WKC

My LW first pattern dagger is unmarked....so they are out there. I too don't like the sound of the scabbard. Pics would certainly nail it.
    Cheers!

Rob

?

i agree with all of you completely and here are a few pictures of what i am talking about these are not the actual pictures of the blade in question, but this is the exact dagger i am talkin about i got lucky and found some on the net. i do know about the unmarked blades, what i did not know and got me was the fact that the hangers were real but had no markings of any kind, until Ade pointed it out about the hangers, as for the scabbard its the brass hanger rings that fool me for i have never seen that befor, i am thinking the silver coating is just worn off. thinking about it more there was only one tension screw on one side of the scabbard raither than two, the screw is not missing but there isn't even a hole for one, dident all these scabbards have two screws one on each side? thanks john
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe 2nd  dagger.   Luftwaffe 2nd  dagger.  

Luftwaffe 2nd  dagger.  

Unmarked daggers, hangers, scabbard are common, but as you have stated the brass rings seems to be everyone here's concern on at least the scabbard.

Usual request is more pictures of the dagger/scabbard in question not of another makers example.

If there is a more experienced collector here they may give you better insight of the tension screws that you are questioning but depending on the maker not all scabbards even had these tension screws but to just have one and no hole for the 2nd to me raises an eyebrow in question.

rgds, Ty