Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question - WW2 German Mess Tin?

Article about: Hello Gents, Today I was offered a green aluminum German mess tin with detachable lid, and with black aluminum water cup. I don't know anything about mess tins i.e. the difference between Ge

?

Default Question - WW2 German Mess Tin?

Hello Gents,
    Today I was offered a green aluminum German mess tin with detachable lid, and with black aluminum water cup. I don't know anything about mess tins i.e. the difference between German WW2 & Bundeswehr mess tins, unfortunately I didn't have my camera handy.I did manage to write down numbers stamped on the items.- HRE 38 & WWE 38 - I was wondering if anyone understands the stampings - perhaps letter stampings are makers abbreviations marks and 38 year of manufacture? I honestly don't know, does anyone have any ideas.
    Best Wishes

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Question - WW2 German Mess Tin?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Question - WW2 German Mess Tin?

Hi Alec, the "38" is the date The letters are the makers initials. So it is correct.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Hello Ade,
    Thanks very much, I'll be down the road, first thing tomorrow. Hope to be posting photos tomorrow.
    Best Wishes

Alech , hope ya dont mind me jumping in on your thread here , but Ade or someone might be able to help me here , i have a mess tin , german , old black paint , but its got no markings at all that i can see , any thoughts on this , cheers Raymond

Hi Raymond, this could well be a pre war political issue mess tin. Sometimes these are un-marked. Is it the larger sized type?

Cheers, Ade.

Schnaps
    ?

Hi Alec!
    HRE - the maker of Horst Ritter from Esslingen
    WWE - unknown

?

Hello Gents,
    Thanks everyone for the posts. I went round to the private seller early this morning, bought green mess tin with black aluminum cup (looking at it - think it belongs to a water bottle) and blow me, he offered a complete water bottle as well, so I took them, both at a very reasonable price. I'm well chuffed. Here are the pictures,if anyone has any further information like Schnaps, please let me know. This purchase shows to me at least, the worth of being an active member of this forum, without having the good knowledge / advice of people like Adi on tap. These two pieces would of slipped through my fingers. It quite turns my stomach, when I think how much has got away through my pure ignorance. Thanks Lads
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question - WW2 German Mess Tin?   Question - WW2 German Mess Tin?  

Question - WW2 German Mess Tin?   Question - WW2 German Mess Tin?  

Question - WW2 German Mess Tin?   Question - WW2 German Mess Tin?  

Question - WW2 German Mess Tin?  

?

That mess tin looks unused,good score.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Schnaps
    ?

Nice condition! I can say and give information only on the bakelite cup and cover of canteen...

gfc - Julius Posselt Bakelite,Gablonz/Neisse
    F0 on a cap - Otto Backhaus und GmbH/Bollwerk

Well done. They are all nice original items.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast