Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Browning 22 Pump Rifle

Article about: Hi All, I have a Browning 22 caliber pump rifle that my father got when he captured a German soldier during WW2, who had the rifle in his possession. I don't remember how my father said he g

Rainman64
    ?

Default Browning 22 Pump Rifle

Hi All,

I have a Browning 22 caliber pump rifle that my father got when he captured a German soldier during WW2, who had the rifle in his possession. I don't remember how my father said he got it back to the states. He is gone now and I can't ask again. The rifle has written on the barrel "fabrique nationale d'armes de guerre herstal belgique" and under that "Browning's Patent Depose". It also has some strange looking symbols and the letters FT 22C right where the barrel goes into the chamber. On the bottom of the chamber is has the numbers 1335. I sent the rifle to Browning and they did a wonderful job of restoring it. Any information on this rifle would be very much appreciated. Thanks

Doug

Default Re: Browning 22 Pump Rifle

Do you have any pictures?

Thanks

Danny

iron cross
    ?

welcome to the forum Doug could you post some pictures it would really help.

Rainman64
    ?

I'll try to post pictures.

Doug
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Browning 22 Pump Rifle   Browning 22 Pump Rifle  

Browning 22 Pump Rifle   Browning 22 Pump Rifle  

iron cross
    ?

I have a 1911 Winchester 22 pump action that looks alot like your Browning. It is surprising that a German soldier had this. I am sorry but I can't tell you much about this.

Very nice, I also dont have any idea why a German soldier would have a weapon like this.

Thanks

Danny

Can you identify any of the marks as being a crown?

This will give you an idea of how long this model has been around.

Dec. 13, 1887
    Patent was filed on a 22 caliber pump action repeating rifle. It has been called "the most popular 22 caliber pump action rifle ever made." Patent No. 385,238 was granted on June 26, 1888. First marketed as the Winchester Model 1890.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

?

I think this is what it is.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Browning 22 Pump Rifle  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Rainman64
    ?

Thank you, that looks just like it.

Doug

Is it possible that the German got it off an American?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast