Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MP44 magazines

Article about: Hi Guys, as I have a few of these in my possesion at the moment I thought that you might like to see them? The first, although the condition is not briliant, is a fairly early one and is mar

Default MP44 magazines

Hi Guys, as I have a few of these in my possesion at the moment I thought that you might like to see them?

The first, although the condition is not briliant, is a fairly early one and is marked "MKb42 u. MP43".

The blueing on this (and all the others I will show is original) and in this case is just the same as you can observe on early MP38/40 submachine guns. It has a blue/slate grey look about it, where as some later ones are much more black in colour.

This one is made by "fxo" C.G.Haenel, Waffen- und Fahrradfabrik, Suhl

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MP44 magazines   MP44 magazines  

Default Re: MP44 magazines

The next is marked "Stg44". Maker marked "qlv" Erma, B.Geibel GmbH Waffenfabrik, Mainzerhofplatz, Erfurt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MP44 magazines   MP44 magazines  

MP44 magazines  

Wartime made mag produced in Czechoslovkia. Note the amount of ribs pressed in the front, due to the different construction method used. As you can see the mag is folded over and spot welded down one side.

Post war made mag produced at the same Czech factory (qlw.) Note the lack of Waffenampt marks and the post war mark of "E46" and a tiny rampant Czech lion. Click on the pic for a clearer view.

Two Post war East German made mags.

Both are "MP44" marked and factory code marked "1001" which was for Ernst-Thälmann-Werke, Suhl, Thüringen.

Very nice.....very nice indeed

Sweet mags!

schnellmann
    ?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Guys, as I have a few of these in my possesion at the moment I thought that you might like to see them?

The first, although the condition is not briliant, is a fairly early one and is marked "MKb42 u. MP43".

The blueing on this (and all the others I will show is original) and in this case is just the same as you can observe on early MP38/40 submachine guns. It has a blue/slate grey look about it, where as some later ones are much more black in colour.

This one is made by "fxo" C.G.Haenel, Waffen- und Fahrradfabrik, Suhl

Cheers, Ade.
    Hi Ade - You failed to mention the "u." in "MKb42 u. MP43" no doubt means "and" ps: Do you have any MP43 or MP44?

OKW
    ?

For U.K collectors:As i understand it to have any part of a section 1 firearm you need to have the relevant papers, this would include the magazines. How does this tie in with deactivated weapons? Any comments?

Hi Guys, yes the "u" does stand for "and".

Magazines are free from any kind of certification here in the UK. But oddly enough, if you submit a gun for deactivation with the magazine present, they will deactivate it by removing the spring and follower.

Yes, I own an MP44 myself.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast