Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nazi P.640b High Power Rig

Article about: WaA140 tangent unslotted.....for your review

Default Nazi P.640b High Power Rig

WaA140 tangent unslotted.....for your review
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nazi P.640b High Power Rig   Nazi P.640b High Power Rig  

Nazi P.640b High Power Rig   Nazi P.640b High Power Rig  

Default Re: Nazi P.640b High Power Rig

Quote by Jason L View Post
    WaA140 tangent unslotted.....for your review
    Hello Jason, The Browning Hi-Power, P35, P.640b is one of the greatest pistols ever made in my opinion. They feel good in the hand, point well, shoot well, hold 13 rounds, and are a simple, strong design similar to the .45 auto in feel. Just a great gun, advaced for it's day, and is still a fine gun today, one of my favorites. I have a couple nice ones in my collection, a late war without the slot & Inglis. Here is a pic.

Now to your pistol you were kind enough to share.

Unfortunately, I think the gun is re-blued. I would have to see this one in person, pics are hard to tel sometimes, but looks re-blued from the photos, to me at least. This decreases collector value dramatically if it is. The color and finish/polish does not look right. Also the hammer should not be blued like it is. Holster looks like a nice original holster that no one messed with. Still a nice looking rig.

Regards, Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nazi P.640b High Power Rig   Nazi P.640b High Power Rig  

Jason, Very nice High Power Rig....The Hi Power was one of the first pistols that I got many years ago.. It had no blue but it had the WaA and cost me a total of 25$ in 1963... I was 16 and it was at yard sell in the old section of Charlotte, NC..... And Killroy great selection of pistols...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Talking Re: Nazi P.640b High Power Rig

Quote by Bill Grist View Post
    Jason, Very nice High Power Rig....The Hi Power was one of the first pistols that I got many years ago.. It had no blue but it had the WaA and cost me a total of 25$ in 1963... I was 16 and it was at yard sell in the old section of Charlotte, NC..... And Killroy great selection of pistols...BILL
    Same way I got my first .45...

Yes, a reblue, as wartime versions have very rough finishes. ( Still very nice though ! ) I have a pre-war Belgian Army tangent sight example which is not as brightly blued.

After the existing stocks of finished parts made by FN were used up, the Germans continued to produce these under forced labour, and quality deteriorated as the war progressed. They also dispensed with the tangent sight early on, so as to speed production.

The finest 9mm pistol ever made IMHO, and one of firearms genius John M. Brownings last designs !

Regards,

Steve.

BTW: Beautiful collection Kilroy !!!!!!!!

Pre-war tangent sight Belgian P-35,
    Occupation model with plastic grips, ( mid production ? --- I can't remember ! )
    "Matt Chrome " target model with Pachmeyer rubber from the "80's......

Browning HP's are my favorite handgun ! !

Jason, do you shoot yours ? ?

They are a dream !

Three models...

Nazi P.640b High Power Rig  

Thanks for all your comments,but I assure you this gun is not a re-blue.I have some experience collecting firearms and can tell what is right(Axis Pistols).This is a correct original rig.There is alot of patina on the gripstraps,and holster wear all around. These guns were high polish.
    Read some comments from other collectors
    P.640b WaA140 Tangent sight unslotted - Jan C Still Luger Pistols Central Powers Axis Pistols Discussion Boards From Gunboards.com
    I searched many years to find an HP in this condition.It is very valuable and I would not fire it.
    Cheers,
    Jason
    *Axis Pistols Jan C Still page83
    "Tangent Sight Unslotted Variation:....high-polish blue"

Oh Walkwolf,
    Axis Pistols Pg 83
    "Fixed sight variation:.......military-blue finish over progressively less polished surface".
    I do my homework

Here is a gun for comparison,although WaA103.It is in slightly lower condition.
    BROWNING HI POWER

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast