Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

newbie needs helmet id m1

Article about: hi folks im new to this forum and this is my first post can anybody id this helmet the seller told me it was genuine ww2 but i very much doubt it ,the lid has swivel bails theres a stamp ins

Unhappy newbie needs helmet id m1

hi folks im new to this forum and this is my first post can anybody id this helmet the seller told me it was genuine ww2 but i very much doubt it ,the lid has swivel bails theres a stamp inside with the letters LS and the liner is made from dark green plastic material
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture newbie needs helmet id m1   newbie needs helmet id m1  

newbie needs helmet id m1  

Default Re: newbie needs helmet id m1

I couldn't see it good, but never seen that mark, which doesn't mean anything I'm a newb, does it have a front, or rear split on the seam? just asking, they did start out with a low pressure liner & it was plastic. well jmho, I hope I helped you a little anyway, pretty nice helmet though. hope someone with better knowledge can help you out.oh, any marks in the liner, or was that on the liner, my eyes are getting old.

regards
    Marty

?

sorry mate this is not a US made M-1 helmet so no its not WW2 its a foreign made post war clone M-1 but im not sure of what country ??

Quote by NickD View Post
    sorry mate this is not a US made M-1 helmet so no its not WW2 its a foreign made post war clone M-1 but im not sure of what country ??
    NickD is correct this is not a WW2 M-1 helmet US made.
    The M-1 helmet was reproduce by many country for use in the military From Europe to Africa.I can not tell you what country it was use for but it is just not ww2 US.

Quote by NickD View Post
    thank's I couldn't see it very well, but I have never seen that stamp, m-1's are really easy to fake, I thought something didn't look right about the liner chin strap, looks like it buckles in, not the little knob that the leather chin stap clips on, thank's for your help.

Marty
    Last edited by crazy horse; 08-01-2010 at 02:25 AM.

Hi, Col James ................. Welcome to the forum !

I'm not positive, but it may be Belgian.
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 08-01-2010 at 02:54 AM.
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    I'm not positive, but it may be Belgian..........
    off subject, but I like the avatar , nice. ok, back on subject.

Quote by crazy horse View Post
    off subject, but I like the avatar , nice. ok, back on subject.
    ( It's new.......! )
    Regards,

Steve.

It is cool looking Steve, I guess it's why I like the SS so much, well not what some of the things, that their higher up leaders did, but the waffen ss was a awesome army.ok, I will quit with the thread high jack.

regards Marty

Greek current issue m1 helmets have that kind of all green, plastic liner. Can't be sure with that marking, though... I never bothered to check mine -or any other- when I had the "chance" a few years back... So I can't be 100% sure but it does look like it.

Could you post a pic of the liner chinstrap?

Regards, Giorgos

Here's one for comparison:
    Attached Images Attached Images newbie needs helmet id m1 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast