Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Birmingham International Arms Fair (UK)

Article about: Anyone going? Being held at the National Motorcycle Musuem just off the M42 on Sunday June 14th 2009. I will be going. Cheers, Ade.

Default Birmingham International Arms Fair (UK)

Anyone going? Being held at the National Motorcycle Musuem just off the M42 on Sunday June 14th 2009.

I will be going.

Cheers, Ade.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Birmingham International Arms Fair (UK)
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Birmingham International Arms Fair (UK)

Hello Ade,
    I'll be in B'ham on this weekend, hope to go. Question do you know if the museum is in walking distance of B'ham International train station? - I take it the fair opens at 10:00am.
    Regards

Hi Alec, no sorry, the Museum is miles away from the city centre. It is actually located in the suburb of Solihull. Here is a link to a map to show you it's exact location, marked with the usual red balloon type icon:

Location Map for National Motorcycle Museum, Solihull, B92 0EJ

If you are not driving then I would guess the best bet would be to take the train to the airport railway station and then a taxi to the Museum. But I have no idea on how much this might cost?

You can get an early entry ticket for the show at 8.30am. Which is about £6. General entry is at 10am. The early ticket is now very popular and you will have to queue to get in even on this. If you really go with the intention of buying, the early ticket is worthwhile. The show will get very busy at 10am, but slacken off by 11.30am. It is a large show which covers three good sized rooms. But you have to bear in mind, it covers antique guns, etc etc and not just WW2 militaria. A couple of good book dealers always attend. I nearly always buy a book. I like the show very much. Plus it is fairly local for me.

Cheers, Ade.

Reg
    ?

I should be there Ade, The Mrs is carting her other great lump of a horse to a show in the family motor so Ill have to cadge a lift with a pair of anorak uncles who always pay the early entrance....complain that everythings too expensive....have a tea then go and buy some piddly little pocket knife for £160. LOL.

Theyre the two bemused, strolling gents who have been in the advert for the fair in the armourer magazine for the last 8 years....theyre very proud of it, and have put on weight since the pic was taken......Hope they dont read this or ill not get the lift.

Reg

hope to see you ther Ade,
    cheer's Ronnie

We will have to arrange to meet up

Cheers, Ade.

Reg
    ?

Great idea Ade, your first round? mines white with no sugar!

Still on my self-imposed rifle buying ban, but going a bit mad on the accessories at the minute.

Reg

Are there any other of the forum guys up for a meet it would be nice to see some cyber friend's
    cheer's Ronnie

Reg
    ?

Quote by 85ronnies View Post
    Are there any other of the forum guys up for a meet it would be nice to see some cyber friend's
    cheer's Ronnie
    Im not fussy Ron, you can buy me a tea too if you like

do you think a time and a place, ie: foyer 11am, or coffee shop 10.30? would be good to put a face to a nick-name.

Reg

Quote by 85ronnies View Post
    cheer's Ronnie
    I'm going, but not to stall out, just to buy something nice

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast