Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need help on this 25 Panzerkampfabzeichen.

Article about: hi all,,,i would like to hear your opinions on this badge,,,thanks,,,Robert

Default Need help on this 25 Panzerkampfabzeichen.

hi all,,,i would like to hear your opinions on this badge,,,thanks,,,Robert
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help on this 25 Panzerkampfabzeichen.   Need help on this 25 Panzerkampfabzeichen.  

Last edited by Adrian; 07-28-2010 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help on this 25 Panzerkampfabzeichen.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Need help on this 25 tank assault badge

Robert, it looks good, but personally I have a couple of concerns, namely I've never seen a period badge that did not have the JFS "box" complete. The one that you are showing seems to miss off the right hand part. Also, I would like to see a side angled shot of the hardware, both pin fixing, and catch. The rivets look slightly odd.
    The problem is the "25" is spot on.
    If it's fake, it sure is a good 'un

Default Re: Need help on this 25 tank assault badge

Hello Robert,

I'm not extremely familiar with numbered Panzerkampf Abzeichen's, but I was comparing it to a known original in a database and noticed the detailing on this one is quite weak in comparison, especially the tracks and wheels. I would like to hear more opinions

BR,
    James

Default Re: Need help on this 25 Panzerkampfabzeichen.

hi guys,
    Did some research about this badge... found a good picture from a respected dealer (lakeside trader) he notes its a JFS setup (unmarked) and a vets purchase.
    Look at the number 5 on the botom how its differend from the one showed. also look at the overall detail on the tank.
    if you ask me the one you are showing is a fake robert.

greetings,
    Eddy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help on this 25 Panzerkampfabzeichen.  

?

Default Re: Need help on this 25 Panzerkampfabzeichen.

I can't give an opinion based on experience as my knowledge of these badges is very limited. I can give an opinion based upon comparing to known originals from various places and I can only conclude the badge at the top of the thread is a fake.
    The main reasons are:
    Very poor details on the tank, all the originals I've studied have excellent details, crisply executed from the logs to the track wheels to the main tank structure. The detail on the eagle is also much better on the original.
    The number '25'. As Eddy has already mentioned, the numerals on an original are very different from the badge at the start of the thread.
    Looking on the reverse, because it's easier to point out, there are a couple of issues with the eagle - see below. As well as the general overall profile being very different between the badges, there is no cut out between the swastika and eagle's wing on an original (see arrow). Also on all original JFS badges I've looked at there is a cut out between the eagle's wings and legs (circled).
    Based upon the above and a few other general observations I conclude Robert's badge is a fake.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help on this 25 Panzerkampfabzeichen.  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....