Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Two EKI opinion please

Article about: Hi Gents, I´d like to know your opinions on these crosses.Screwback seems good to me but I have some doubts about second one. thanks for your answers! regards Pepe

?

Default Two EKI opinion please

Hi Gents,
    I´d like to know your opinions on these crosses.Screwback seems good to me but I have some doubts about second one. thanks for your answers! regards Pepe
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two EKI opinion please   Two EKI opinion please  

Two EKI opinion please   Two EKI opinion please  

Attached Images Attached Images Two EKI opinion please 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Two EKI opinion please
    P
    Many

Default Re: Two EKI opinion please

I'm not going to comment on the screwback, but I believe the 2nd EK1 is IMO a post war production by Souval

Hi Pepe, I would pass on them both.

The screwback is really odd. The post to which the backing plate fits is really much too long. This would not allow a good fit on the uniform. The backing plate should be a fairly tight fit. The low "1939" is not good and the corners where the cross hatching meets is truly horrible!

Cheers, Ade.

?

It is perfect to learn something new every day!Post war means that cross is from genuine parts but made after 1945 or what? Wow screwback seemed original to me and in addition seller gives all guarantee! Colud be bad hatching in the cornes caused by rust which btw seems so truly on the whole cross!?

Hi Pepe, the cross is a total fake in my opinion. The bad cross hatching is not due to wear or rust but by a badly made die.

I would not buy it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two EKI opinion please  

Hi Pepe, the cross frames were made of silver which doesn't rust. I agree with Ade's points. It looks like a fake that has been badly aged to catch out a collector Bad one, give it a miss. Cheers, Richard.

?

Ok thanks, I will follow your advices. One last thing - what does mean term "post war" which used John. Is it pre 45 or past 45 production?

Hi, "Post war" is past 45 production. Cheers, Richard.

?

So some producers-in this case Souval made their badges after war from genuine parts...I thought it was forbidden to make everything with swastika?!

Not sure about that one. But don't forget the swastika not banned in all countries.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast