Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Nsdap group photo for you all to see....

Article about: I recently bought this one, and what is throwing me off is the NON-ARYAN in the pic, I have never seen a photograph of any NSDAP members with such a person in the pic with them. What do you

Default Re: Nsdap group photo for you all to see....

Another SS pic for you all to view.

If you look closely, it looks like an Army eagle on the sleeve of the over coat, instead of the SS eagle that should be there.

What do you all think of this photograph ?

Brian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nsdap group photo for you all to see....  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nsdap group photo for you all to see....
    P
    Many

Nice photo; again, thanks for sharing. Yes; that's an Army eagle. The use of Heer breast eagles instead of the official SS sleeve eagles was quite a common practice within the Waffen-SS and is seen on many period photographs.

Thank you , and that's what i found out also.

I post photos here, without any markings on them, for anyone to save them as they wish, I hate to see pics marked up, and i understand the reason why some people do that, and that's cool, but i choose not to do so.

I have in my possession the pics i post here, and i have no problems with people copying, and saving them as copies.

Brian

Here is a real nice LAH photo for you all to see, and save.

Brian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nsdap group photo for you all to see....  

Just look at those Cuff titles...

ADOLF HITLER......

Brian

An DAS REICH photo, just look at the tank assault badges on their sleeves.

These guys must have seen some serious action.

Brian
    Attached Images Attached Images Nsdap group photo for you all to see.... 

Quote by blackheart0866 View Post
    Another SS pic for you all to view.

If you look closely, it looks like an Army eagle on the sleeve of the over coat, instead of the SS eagle that should be there.

What do you all think of this photograph ?

I love these photos that show differences in the ways SS eagles were, and not worn, just so that if we come across this on an item, we all know that it is possible, and not reproductions..

Brian
    It even looks like his cap has an Army eagle sewn onto it also.

Brian

The men in the Knight's Cross award photo are, from left to right, Hermann Weiser, Kurt Meyer and Dr. Hermann Besuden. (The photo has appeared on other websites.)
    The assault gun group photo of "Das Reich" personnel shows, from left to right, Hermann Bolte, Hartmut Braun, Wolfgang Otto and Friedrich-Wilhelm Graun standing in front of Ernst-August Krag's vehicle . (Another photo of this group plus Krag - obviously taken on the same occasion in 1943 - appears in Mark C. Yerger's Krag biography and volume 1 of his "German Cross in Gold" series.)

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    The men in the Knight's Cross award photo are, from left to right, Hermann Weiser, Kurt Meyer and Dr. Hermann Besuden. (The photo has appeared on other websites.)
    The assault gun group photo of "Das Reich" personnel shows, from left to right, Hermann Bolte, Hartmut Braun, Wolfgang Otto and Friedrich-Wilhelm Graun standing in front of Ernst-August Krag's vehicle . (Another photo of this group plus Krag - obviously taken on the same occasion in 1943 - appears in Mark C. Yerger's Krag biography and volume 1 of his "German Cross in Gold" series.)
    So, do you think since these are original photos i have, that they should have more historical value, then most of the other photos i have?

Thanks
    Brian

Quote by blackheart0866 View Post
    So, do you think since these are original photos i have, that they should have more historical value, then most of the other photos i have?
    I guess that would depend on how one defines historical (as opposed to monetary) value. People researching certain individuals would find photographs of these persons particularly interesting, while researchers of uniforms, insignia and decorations would be particuarly interested in photographs depicting these aspects in good quality.
    But generally spoken, photographs of identified persions will be of interest to a larger number of people, especially in the case of well-known individuals like Meyer.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast