Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS cap eagle 1936 pattern

Article about: This eagle marked SS 155/36 from Assmann had odd prongs. What are your opinions about it? (click on the pic's for better details)

Default SS cap eagle 1936 pattern

This eagle marked SS 155/36 from Assmann had odd prongs.
    What are your opinions about it?
    (click on the pic's for better details)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS cap eagle 1936 pattern   SS cap eagle 1936 pattern  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS cap eagle 1936 pattern
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS cap eagle 1936 pattern

this is the skull, is of course authentic.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS cap eagle 1936 pattern   SS cap eagle 1936 pattern  

?

carllson is that cupal. the details look right. are the pins brass copper or steel. were the ends smashed flat then soldered . possible replaced pins long ago. not sure as i try to stay away from variants like this..

the prongs are brass, I had a 1936 eagle but in Cupal and the prongs were flat but crudely soldered (originally).
    the eagle is from my knowledge and study a original Assmann.
    Just the prongs were odd to me. May be it's period resoldere since it's the 1936 pattern. Everything is possible. But I found another eagle also with that kind of prongs here are the pic's:

SS cap eagle 1936 pattern   SS cap eagle 1936 pattern  

The 1st cap Hoheitszeichen looks odd to me, if perhaps because of cleaning, which is certainly the case with the Deschler Totenschaedel. The patina is a criterion of authenticity, especially in the electric pictures which make same more prominent.

This 155/36 marking surely existed, but I miss in the 1st piece the kind of detail I associate with an authentic piece. Maybe it is the image, itself.

Once more, I own many of these things, but I do not examine them with an electron microscope in search of their atomic structure so as to make windy generalizations as happens on the other site.

Surely I fail in this respect. The 2nd Hoheitszeichen looks better to me.

This cap badge Hoheitszeichen here on the Bruce Herman site was either marked 39X/35 or 155/36 if memory serves. I examined it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS cap eagle 1936 pattern  

Normally they're both ok. Since the eagles are not (yet) mine, (the skull is), I cant' take the pic's myself. The front of the first eagle have been cleaned allright. It's obvious. But the back of it, has the normal patina of ageing. Only the prongs are not ok I think.
    here are two more pics from the first eagle posted. These pics are not super but the owner couldn't do better than that.

I am quite certain these are both cast copies of an original eagle.

Besides the incorrect pins (unseen on any original Assmann eagle), they do not appear to be made of any of the original materials. Granted, the quality is quite good compared to most copies, but close inspection of the details shows the small imperfections, which are characteristic of a casting.

Quote by bwanek1 View Post
    I am quite certain these are both cast copies of an original eagle.

Besides the incorrect pins (unseen on any original Assmann eagle), they do not appear to be made of any of the original materials. Granted, the quality is quite good compared to most copies, but close inspection of the details shows the small imperfections, which are characteristic of a casting.
    I am glad you reported in, and you confirm my doubts. All of these POS are made from the real ones we naively post here.

Quelle dommage!

Thought I'd show one of mine, a 499/42 Zimmermann
    CupAl version, mint, and lovely

SS cap eagle 1936 pattern   SS cap eagle 1936 pattern  

SS cap eagle 1936 pattern  

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I am glad you reported in, and you confirm my doubts. All of these POS are made from the real ones we naively post here.

Quelle dommage!
    I was tempted to post some side-by-side comparisons of these with an original, highlighting some of the specific details which are clear indications to me that these are fakes, but I share the concern with many that doing so will serve to help the fakers in improving their next generation of copies. I may still at least post photos of an original 155/36 by itself and allow others to judge for themselves how these differ from it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast