Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Spam?

Article about: Hello Dimas, Looks like we are being spammed by 'bivu' flogging instruments, am I correct? Best regards, Guy.

Default Spam?

Hello Dimas,
    Looks like we are being spammed by 'bivu' flogging instruments, am I correct?
    Best regards,
    Guy.

?

Default Re: Spam?

In the last few days, we've had quite an onslaught of spammers ..

Bare with the Moderator team on this one, ... we can only hit it when it appears.

Regards

Gary J.

I've been noticing the spam advertising messages aswell. Looks like it isnt just instruments thats being sold either, every time I've seen one of them appear I've reported it, I guess thats all that can be done?

Thanks

Danny

Thanks Gary,
    I detest these people almost as much as the infuriating phone calls I get from Delhi or Bombay trying to sell me stuff or get involved in some sort of survey.
    I have started to be quite rude to them and it nearly backfired on me recently when an Indian gentleman called and it turned out to be confirmation of a hospital appointment! I'm more careful now but as soon as I realise that it's definitely a 'cold call' I let rip in true British Navy fashion.
    All best,
    Guy.

Quote by navyman View Post
    Thanks Gary,
    I detest these people almost as much as the infuriating phone calls I get from Delhi or Bombay trying to sell me stuff or get involved in some sort of survey.
    I have started to be quite rude to them and it nearly backfired on me recently when an Indian gentleman called and it turned out to be confirmation of a hospital appointment! I'm more careful now but as soon as I realise that it's definitely a 'cold call' I let rip in true British Navy fashion.
    All best,
    Guy.
    don't know why, but this cracked me up, I see the navy language is the same in England as it is in america, I don't even mean to cuss but it just fly's out of my mouth, embarrasing at times, but like you say , it's also useful too.

?

Splice the mainbrace .. and scupper the spammers maties !

Thanks to all,
    As for splice the mainbrace, my partner has just come back from the shops with a bottle of rum as a present for me, so I'm off to do just that!
    Cheers, mine's a double,
    Guy.

Hi Guys,

Reading this thread reminded me of a chap in the States who has a brilliant way of turning the tables on telemarketing people. Just have a listen to this (before it gets pulled!)

YouTube - TomMabe.com get this call on iTunes. The Murder Scene Call on the Bob and Tom Show, Tom Mabe

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Hi Guys,

Reading this thread reminded me of a chap in the States who has a brilliant way of turning the tables on telemarketing people. Just have a listen to this (before it gets pulled!)

YouTube - TomMabe.com get this call on iTunes. The Murder Scene Call on the Bob and Tom Show, Tom Mabe

Regards, Ned.
    This is too good.