Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My Souvenir Iraqi Helmet...

Article about: VERY nice example Gary.

Default My Souvenir Iraqi Helmet...

...from my time in the sand box. I used it for target practice with my M-9 while I was there. It isn't much to look at and the liner is all ripped up and mostly gone. It is just a reminder of my time in that theater...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Souvenir Iraqi Helmet...   My Souvenir Iraqi Helmet...  

[B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Default Re: My Souvenir Iraqi Helmet...

Quote by Steven M View Post
    ...from my time in the sand box. I used it for target practice with my M-9 while I was there. It isn't much to look at and the liner is all ripped up and mostly gone. It is just a reminder of my time in that theater...

Thanks for showing this. Interesting helmet. Did the 9mm go all the way through it? What is it, layered fiberglass? looks like the way an M1 liner was made but thicker.

Regards, Steve

Quote by Kilroy Was Here View Post
    Thanks for showing this. Interesting helmet. Did the 9mm go all the way through it? What is it, layered fiberglass? looks like the way an M1 liner was made but thicker.

Regards, Steve

Hi Steve,

(good grief, there are a lot of Steves on this forum). The helmet is of Korean manufacture and made of compressed fabric coated with plastic. This is the actual helmet, not a liner. The bullets went through and through with no problem...very poor design.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Hey! Steve! i have one in the back of my gun truck ! I am going to go to the motor pool tomorrow and grab it and post a pic
    maybe all the Iraq vets will crawl out of there caves an post there stuff lol
    it is a relic of war isnt it?
    mine is made of metal and cruddy with no liner

Steven, I have an Iranian (Russian type) helmet, took it from the Crossed Swords. First time I've seen the Iraqui plastic type. Nice, thanks for sharing. John

Steven, uploaded a pic, its where I picked mine up from, they were all over the place. I should have gotten a few more John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Souvenir Iraqi Helmet...  

Hi guys,

Thanks very much Cobra and John for adding to the thread; much appreciated! I had the same thoughts on "should have brought back more"...but I took a chance getting this one back as we were told it was forbidden. Well, I wasn't about to come back empty handed, so I sent it "space available" a day before my departure and marked the box as "hat"...it arrived two weeks after I returned. I also managed to get back some sand in a bottle and a few other "verboten" (no ammo or anything like that) items through a few...uhhhh...connections.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Quote by Steven M View Post
    Hi Steve,

(good grief, there are a lot of Steves on this forum). The helmet is of Korean manufacture and made of compressed fabric coated with plastic. This is the actual helmet, not a liner. The bullets went through and through with no problem...very poor design.
    Hi Steve, thanks for info. Yes, I knew it was helmet, not just liner, just looks like a liner the way it is constructed. Silly Koreans.

Yes, MANY Steve's!!! This is why "Kilroy" for me!!

Regards, Steve R.

well here is mine....... i picked mine up from a trash pile

?

Iraq Helmet from the 1st time round 1991 Basra.
    (Ignore the "pineapple" propping up the lid.)

Fibre type .. with Net ... and sand ... and rust !

Gary J.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Souvenir Iraqi Helmet...   My Souvenir Iraqi Helmet...  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast