Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse Spanish-Made Blue Division Original or Post War Copy?

Article about: This Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse Spanish-Made caught my eye. The date numerals seem to more closely resemble that of an original on p.415 of The Iron Cross 1. Class by Maerz than that of a post

Default Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse Spanish-Made Blue Division Original or Post War Copy?

This Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse Spanish-Made caught my eye. The date numerals seem to more closely resemble that of an original on p.415 of The Iron Cross 1. Class by Maerz than that of a post war model on p.416. Does this one seem to be a period cross? Anything else to look for when identifying an authentic WW2 Spanish-Made EK1. Thanks. Ron

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse Spanish-Made Blue Division Original or Post War Copy?Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse Spanish-Made Blue Division Original or Post War Copy?Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse Spanish-Made Blue Division Original or Post War Copy?Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse Spanish-Made Blue Division Original or Post War Copy?Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse Spanish-Made Blue Division Original or Post War Copy?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse Spanish-Made Blue Division Original or Post War Copy?
    P
    Many

I don't think you know what you're getting into. This is very difficult, debatable and controversial. There are as many supporters as opponents. But read this.
    Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    Robert

- - ------- - -

Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

I can't upload the link. Maybe someone can help?
    Robert

[URL="https://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/forum/wehrmacht-era-militaria/crosses-of-the-wehrmacht/12763116-ek1-2-spanish-types"

It worked.
    Robert

?

I've never been able to warm to Spanish EKs. I have no doubt of their existence but the amount on the market outweighs the number awarded.
    Did they really produce such a surplus?
    You have to take a leap of faith to buy these unless there is bulletproof provenance accompanying the cross.
    It's easier for a crude replica to be made and passed off as a 'Spanish made' award because the fakers don't have to worry about replicating an actual EK.
    When I first started collecting, Spanish EKs were rare, now they're everywhere, that tells me everything.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thank you Robert and Adrian. I had no idea that these EK's were so controversial. It convinces me to stay away from them without good provenance. Ron