Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS-knife from Wewelsburg castle

Article about: Hi, Got this knife a while ago, it's made by WMF. Should be genuine, however all opinions are welcome JB

Default SS-knife from Wewelsburg castle

Hi,

Got this knife a while ago, it's made by WMF. Should be genuine, however all opinions are welcome

JB
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS-knife from Wewelsburg castle   SS-knife from Wewelsburg castle  

SS-knife from Wewelsburg castle   SS-knife from Wewelsburg castle  

SS-knife from Wewelsburg castle   SS-knife from Wewelsburg castle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS-knife from Wewelsburg castle
    P
    Many

B J Blaskowitz found this I'm sure .......
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS-knife from Wewelsburg castle  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

The Knife is German produced for sure by Gottlieb Hammesfahr . IMO the Hammesfahr and Nirosta stamp appears post war.

I can not attest to the authenticity of the Wewelsburg stamp.
    Someone else may need to chime in on that.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I didnt know there were "wewelsburg" stamps. Anyone know if any original examples exists?

Quote by TrondK View Post
    I didnt know there were "wewelsburg" stamps. Anyone know if any original examples exists?
    Yes, and there was rather a ot of flatware procurred for the "Fuhrerschule" or leadership school at Wewelsburg. Some of it quite ornate for special occasions or what soldiers in most Western armies would call "Mess functions" (Regimental dinners etc) and patterns like this for everyday "informal" use.

I am by no means well read in this area but as a general interest in all militaria has been with me since childhood, I am aware of these pieces and the fact that they are "faked" in much the same way as SS rings etc and as Larry said above, the maker mark does look post war. I have seen Wewelsburg stamps like this but somehow not quite the same

A nice "extra" in the collection if it is authentic but I would wait for expert assessment.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

What is the provenance to Wewelsburg?
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

MAP
    ?

If this helps anyone. Not my area but thought a blown up photo of the Wewelsburg markings would help.

Stamp looks a little sloppy to me. But again...I know nothing

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

[QUOTE=MAP;1769080]If this helps anyone. Not my area but thought a blown up photo of the Wewelsburg markings would help.

Stamp looks a little sloppy to me. But again...I know nothing

SS-knife from Wewelsburg castle[/QUOTE

Welcome to he crowd!
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

At the risk of pissantism, I agree with my friend Bob. This item strikes me as bogus.

Silverware and glassware with TR markings, be they political, military, identity related or SS are, speaking only for myself, a highly dangerous area of collecting. So many authentically period produced civilian pieces exist, it is far to easy to have had markings, stamps and etchings added in the decades following the war. Even worse than the foetid woolens, for which there isn't really a civilian period piece that can be "doctored" into a more valuable piece with some shenanigans. Speaking only for myself, with zero provenance, I would pass on this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast