Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Fake soviet guard badge?

Article about: Hello everyone, For some time now, I've had this " soviet guard badge" at the bottom of my drawer, and I'd like to know if it is original or not. I've never seen one with this type

Default Fake soviet guard badge?

Hello everyone,

For some time now, I've had this " soviet guard badge" at the bottom of my drawer, and I'd like to know if it is original or not. I've never seen one with this type of pin attachment, and I would be interested to hear your opinions about it. Perhaps it is a reproduction; I don't know, which is why I am seeking your help.

Looking forward to your response, thank you for your attention to my post.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fake soviet guard badge?   Fake soviet guard badge?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake soviet guard badge?
    P
    Many

in my opinion it looks like a cheaply made modern tourist piece. More a representative piece than actual one. Just FYI all the ones I own are a cross section of WW2 and Cold War era. And all have screw backs as opposed to pin.

Regards,

Gerry C

JustMeinKC!

The only thing I really know is... I don't know anything.

Hello, thank you for your response and for this information
    regards,

Sorry mate, that is just plain nasty. Wrong material and even more wrong fastener.

When I was serving in Berlin before the Wall came down the then current items were "barter currency" regularly offered by Soviet troops for things like cigarettes, magazines and even mail order catalogues (they sent them home to wives and girlfriends who would copy the fashions). When the border opened the markets were awash with these and even those very late pieces were electroplated brass with a screw post. The earlier and wartime were the same construction with only slight differences in basic design and finish.

I'm afraid this one never saw any kind of service, active or otherwise.

I really hope it cost no more than pennies?

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

It is supposed to look like a postwar Guards badge but it is in fact a poor replica.

Dom
    ?

It is a badge from the end of the 80's, it does not have a great value but has the merit of being original !

Fake soviet guard badge?

It is also referenced in the Breast badge ot the Red Army by B. Airapetyan