Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Compton Web Wolseley Pith Helmet

Article about: Hi All, I picked this 1942 Dated J. Compton Webb Wolseley pattern Pith up on my travels today. Externally It's not the greatest condition by any means but the price was right and it tells it

Default Compton Web Wolseley Pith Helmet

Hi All,

I picked this 1942 Dated J. Compton Webb Wolseley pattern Pith up on my travels today. Externally It's not the greatest condition by any means but the price was right and it tells it's own story, whatever it's story is.

Marked "SPURS" on the front peak and Blancoed on the pug and alternating bands across I'm unsure as to when and why this would have been done.

Internally this seems to have faired better than the external appearance, still retaining a Compton Webb sticker on the leather and a handwritten K.N. There is also a faint W D stamp with what I believe to be an O date stamp. I believe this used to be foil lined as some foil fell out from under the liner band when I got it home.

The rope as a chinstrap was on this when I got it, the shop had originally used this to hang it up however it had been sat on it's shelf for a while instead.
    Hope you all enjoy,
    Matt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Compton Web Wolseley Pith Helmet   Compton Web Wolseley Pith Helmet  

Compton Web Wolseley Pith Helmet   Compton Web Wolseley Pith Helmet  

Compton Web Wolseley Pith Helmet  

Football supporters head gear I assume
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.