Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

US-M43 Field Jacket No.1

Article about: Hello fellow collectors, I am new here and would like to present three of my M43 jackets. Maybe you can have a look if the jackets are original from WW2. kind regards. Simon

Default US-M43 Field Jacket No.1

Hello fellow collectors,

I am new here and would like to present three of my M43 jackets. Maybe you can have a look if the jackets are original from WW2.

kind regards.US-M43 Field Jacket No.1US-M43 Field Jacket No.1US-M43 Field Jacket No.1US-M43 Field Jacket No.1US-M43 Field Jacket No.1US-M43 Field Jacket No.1US-M43 Field Jacket No.1US-M43 Field Jacket No.1US-M43 Field Jacket No.1US-M43 Field Jacket No.1US-M43 Field Jacket No.1US-M43 Field Jacket No.1US-M43 Field Jacket No.1US-M43 Field Jacket No.1US-M43 Field Jacket No.1US-M43 Field Jacket No.1US-M43 Field Jacket No.1US-M43 Field Jacket No.1US-M43 Field Jacket No.1US-M43 Field Jacket No.1

Simon

All 3 jackets look OK to me, obviously missing their liners. Made during the war but of course saw service into the Korean War also.

Thank you for your feedback.What exactly do you mean by the interior paneling? The lining for the winter?

Quote by SimonSays View Post
    Thank you for your feedback.What exactly do you mean by the interior paneling? The lining for the winter?
    Yes that's correct, the liner buttoned to the jacket from inside. This is a picture from Doughboy to GI by Kenneth Lewis. My jacket is boxed up so I can't show it at the moment.

US-M43 Field Jacket No.1

Having re-read the description in the book I have a feeling my own liner might be post WW2 issue.

Hello gentlemen,

Agree with BlackCat.
    Jackets M43 OK WW2.
    Best regards from Alsace , France.
    Carfin.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US-M43 Field Jacket No.1   US-M43 Field Jacket No.1  

On the US Militaria Forum there was once quite a long discussion regarding whether the Rayon covered pile liners were wartime or not. The consensus was that they were post WW2 (as Ken Lewis wrote above in his book). I'm sure some US uniform collectors can expand this thread with more information.

Thank you for your contribution. Until now, the inner lining was new to me. I have another question regarding the M43 Jacket No.3 which I have posted.

Here you can still see the seams of the insignia of the 82nd Airborne division. The thread of the insignia does not glow under the neon tube but the thread of the rank insignia does. Does this indicate that the jacket was reused?

Kind regards.

Simon

3 jackets???