Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Royal Monmouthshire Royal Engineers (militia)

Article about: two different period examples of the Royal Mons RE Militia titles, the full-script version was worn in Germany in the immediate post war period, 1945-1946, the other abbreviated version was

Default Royal Monmouthshire Royal Engineers (militia)

two different period examples of the Royal Mons RE Militia titles, the full-script version was worn in Germany in the immediate post war period, 1945-1946, the other abbreviated version was authorised for wear n 1960, and I assume phased out with the end of BD uniforms in 1965.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Royal Monmouthshire Royal Engineers (militia)   Royal Monmouthshire Royal Engineers (militia)  

Royal Monmouthshire Royal Engineers (militia)  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hi Jerry

Always like seeing variations (what I call patch chronology)of the same cloth insignia and Id'ing the time frame they were worn/issued , especially when they were issued 1945-60 era, which can be confusing for both collector ,dealer(always WWII!!) and myself ,when I was starting out 7 years ago adding British WWII era FS/ST.

There are nuancess , lest of all knowing the unit history and the changes made for cloth insignia , design, embroidery and construction.

Is there a WWII era 1939-1945 era SERIF cloth and Printed title?

cheers

Phill

Phil, no serif or printed types that we are used to seeing were made, during WWII or earlier except these shown below
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Royal Monmouthshire Royal Engineers (militia)   Royal Monmouthshire Royal Engineers (militia)  

Regards,

Jerry

Thanks Jerry

I should of looked at BODD to answer my own question!!

cheers

Phill

Phil,

they had an earlier metal title, as well as metal and bullion cap badges

Royal Monmouthshire Royal Engineers (militia)   Royal Monmouthshire Royal Engineers (militia)  

Last edited by Jerry B; 09-17-2024 at 10:25 AM.
    Regards,

Jerry

Hi Jerry

Thanks for showing more RMRE items with the cloth insignia, a lovely collection of momouthahire military history

Jerry , with British history and the length of service with regiments , I get confused with the crowns and what era's.

Normally I see KG VI and QEII reign, is that the case with these ones.

cheers

Phill

Yes Phil, the cap badges, three metal and one bullion are first a single kings crown in bimetal, then two bimetal queens crown and also queens crown badges on both caps, bullion on the fs cap and anodised aluminium on the dress no2 cap
    Regards,

Jerry