Miro-militaria.com - Top
Display your banner here

Skull for authentication please

Article about: Asking for a friend as I am not qualified to say yea or nay . Thank you for your help .

raz
    ?

Default Skull for authentication please

Asking for a friend as I am not qualified to say yea or nay . Thank you for your help .

Skull for authentication pleaseSkull for authentication pleaseSkull for authentication please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Skull for authentication please
    P
    Many

People are now saying these with the saw tooth edges to the prongs are fake.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I believe it to be authentic. A good sticky thread on these

Berlin Hoard Totenkopf
    Regards, Al

?

I also think it is authentic.

raz
    ?

Thanks for the input guys I really appreciate it . Thanks for the link Al but I still can't make out sick um from fetch um with so many variants . You and others who really study skulls are a great asset to this forum for sure . Adrian do you have any links I could look at concerning the saw tooth prongs and thanks for contributing ? Thanks ,
    Dennis

?

Thank you Dennis. It was actually our colleague "anotherant" that provided some much empirical evidence and photographs that cemented my belief in these. Also Dos created that thread I sent you that became a sticky.

I'm sure Adrian is relaying what he hears many new collectors are saying about this variant. That tends to happen over time when ideas shift but this forum always provides more detail than most and nullifies the naysayers.

That being said these Berlin hoard skulls are very common and economical and not the hill I would choose to die on. I say if your friend already owns this skull be content with it if he doesn't I would look for a better representative of the Danziger skull, the more accepted type seen on so many photo's and visors

These are my Berlin Hoard Tk's (2 types) One has the saw tooth

The more conventional Danziger variant

Skull for authentication pleaseSkull for authentication please

Regards, Al

?

Example of having the saw tooth from a book.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Skull for authentication please   Skull for authentication please  

Last edited by Rick19; 06-13-2024 at 12:13 PM.

?

Hello,

Some time ago I asked for opinions on this forum regarding a skull, well I was helped excellently. Thanks again
    The skull also turns out to be a "Berlin Hoard".

I'm a pretty pragmatic guy,
    some more expert members have done careful research, and are supported by period photos.
    And this is a fact!

I have often noticed that some collectors continue to say that this type of skull is fake, (especially in another forum) but I have never seen a detailed explanation of why it would be fake (Maybe they exist but I've never seen )
    Someone says "fake" and the virus has spread.
    So until I have proof that it's not good, for me it will remain an original piece.
    It's just my thought, and I wanted to thank all those people who invest so much time and energy to do this research and share it with us.

Regards

Original early skull?