Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wimpel NSDAP MINT condition - original pennant?

Article about: Hello! I would like to buy this nice pennant. That´s why I shot it. Can you look on it and say me if it´s original and authentic. Size: 40 cm; Ultraviolet neutral; Thank you very much in a

Default Wimpel NSDAP MINT condition - original pennant?

Hello!
    I would like to buy this nice pennant. That´s why I shot it. Can you look on it and say me if it´s original and authentic.
    Size: 40 cm;
    Ultraviolet neutral;
    Thank you very much in advance!
    Best regards
    Panzer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wimpel NSDAP MINT condition - original pennant?   Wimpel NSDAP MINT condition - original pennant?  

Wimpel NSDAP MINT condition - original pennant?   Wimpel NSDAP MINT condition - original pennant?  

Wimpel NSDAP MINT condition - original pennant?   Wimpel NSDAP MINT condition - original pennant?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wimpel NSDAP MINT condition - original pennant?
    P
    Many

?

I personally like the pennant and the ring attachment. The construction looks period to me.
    The RZM paper tag does not look right to me though. Where is the tax code on it?

Pennant looks good to me. Very good condition, probably never used. The RZM label would fit the condition, because it would have been removed as soon as the pennant was used. The paper Tag is good IMO, the price of 2.80 Reichsmarks could also be appropriate for such a piece.

The materials on the pennant look original.

However, the 2.80 Reichsmark on the RZM tag seems quite expensive for a simple pennant. They were much cheaper at that time
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wimpel NSDAP MINT condition - original pennant?   Wimpel NSDAP MINT condition - original pennant?  

Maker of the pennant was Brünhilde Weckherlin from Munich (A4/655)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wimpel NSDAP MINT condition - original pennant?  

Construction and materials look good IMO. However I’ve not seen a RZM tag that that before. Perhaps an early one? Wait out for others to confirm.

Quote by ivbaust View Post
    The materials on the pennant look original.

However, the 2.80 Reichsmark on the RZM tag seems quite expensive for a simple pennant. They were much cheaper at that time
    However, this list does not indicate how the pennants are made, other than that they are double-stitched, which is normal. They may just be printed or woven, which are of course easier to produce and therefore cheaper. Sewing the swastika separately and neatly onto the white disc with a sewing machine is definitely not something you can do casually. I don't know if you've ever used a sewing machine before, but I know what I'm talking about. Especially since the prices may differ because not every seller in Germany charged the same price for the same goods. But 2.80 Reichsmarks is not cheap, that's true; it's about the hourly wage of a carpenter at the time.

Quote by Tinhatman View Post
    Construction and materials look good IMO. However I’ve not seen a RZM tag that that before. Perhaps an early one? Wait out for others to confirm.
    It is an early one, the second pattern paper Tag, after the "TA" Tags. Probably around 1935.

Quote by NSDAP Sammler View Post
    It is an early one, the second pattern paper Tag, after the "TA" Tags. Probably around 1935.
    Correct.

Here the first pattern RZM tag with „TA“ (TA stands for „Textil-Abzeichen“ = fabric insignia)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wimpel NSDAP MINT condition - original pennant?  

In comparison the second pattern tag with „A4“, which replaced the „TA“ marking.

The ever-increasing number of political items that had to be controlled and inspected by the Reichszeugmeisterei made it necessary to revise the numbering system. Category A (abbreviation for „Ausrüstung“ = equipment) was therefore created and within it Group 4 for fabric insignia manufacturers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast