Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Information on Soldbuchs , Wehrpass and other Documents !!

Article about: Many people post Soldbuchs , Wehrpass and other documents for an explanation as to the structure, content , translation etc so i have started a thread to list sites that contain the informat

Default Id card

I recently bought this at an auction. I have been told many times that it is fake. I'm more interested in the novelty of it and appreciate the detail that went into it as a reproduction if it is fake. I t didn't cost a lot of money either. I'm just wondering how one knows these are fakes and is there anyone out there who can help me read the fine print? Information on Soldbuchs , Wehrpass and other Documents !!Information on Soldbuchs , Wehrpass and other Documents !!Information on Soldbuchs , Wehrpass and other Documents !!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Information on Soldbuchs , Wehrpass and other Documents !!
    P
    Many

You need to think of these as Fantasy pieces, not fakes. A fake is a copy of something original and that existed. A fantasy piece is something that never existed in the first place. There are plenty of these in this section.
    Sometimes just basic knowledge of the items is enough - for example, it states the rank as a SS-Panzersoldat but you can see from the photo that it is a SS-Sturmbannführer. Not only that but he is a Knights Cross winner so someone will be able to identify him and reveal his actual name.

Sadly, 10 years later almost ALL of these links are to pages that are no longer active, thus rendering this 'Sticky' rather useless ......
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Hello everyone.

This link provides information on how to decipher a Wehrpass -

With increased volunteers and the reintroduction of the military draft, Wehrpässe (singular = der Wehrpass; plural = die Wehrpässe) were issued. These detailed booklets contained the personal and service information about the conscripts. They were filled out and given to the registered parties to be used for identification and recording purposes.
    (By CHRIS WILLIAM - UPDATED NOV 12, 2019)

militarytrader.com.

Kind regards,

Will.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2