MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39

Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs

Article about: Well, I know there are other threads that have been started in the past about the originality of Wartime Photos. However, I frequently receieve PM's asking for advice or assitance about how

?

I wanted to share a comical pile of fake Fallschirmjäger photos sold by a fleabay seller in Germany that I have been keenly watching over the past week. There was something like 15 photographs being individually auctioned off as originals taken of endkämpf fighting. Below are some of the photographs that were most valuably realized.

It was entertaining to watch the bidding wars on these blatant fakes. It would have been very rough if serious bidding wars broke out. Not only are the images printed on post war Agfa and Agfa-Brovira photo paper, but I am 99% the subjects are reenactors! Not even original images that were printed after the war. Hopefully the bidders realized they were fakes and had some alterier reason for bidding other than for “originals” as were billed by this seller. Most of the photos went for under $3 but the same cannot be said for those above. It seemed some folks were easily parted from their money. Many original Fallschirmjäger photos are more economical than these went for. I even have a number of photographs taken by Fallschirm on Kreta that were more affordable!

Beware, fakes continue to circulate.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs
    P
    Many

?

yes, they are indeed restorers. Nothing goes x). These photos in particular have already been sold on other formats with slightly different shades. But they are fake. I got one of them to illustrate my book on the ww2 photo collection.

Quote by spring View Post
    yes, they are indeed restorers. Nothing goes x). These photos in particular have already been sold on other formats with slightly different shades. But they are fake. I got one of them to illustrate my book on the ww2 photo collection.
    These have been around for some time. I'm sure I've seen them before on WAF or elsewhere.

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39