Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Photograph Authenticity check: 13th Waffen SS Mountain Division/1st Croatian

Article about: It’s been a number of years since posting but I recently got back into collecting. I was hoping this community could help me out verifying the authenticity of two interesting SS photos of

Default Photograph Authenticity check: 13th Waffen SS Mountain Division/1st Croatian

It’s been a number of years since posting but I recently got back into collecting. I was hoping this community could help me out verifying the authenticity of two interesting SS photos of two Croatians. They look good to me, but I’m no expert. Thanks in advance.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Photograph Authenticity check: 13th Waffen SS Mountain Division/1st Croatian
    P
    Many

?

I would say neither are good. Fakes possibly stemming from somewhere in Eastern Europe. The paper is really strange and the stamp an overeager embellishment. Besides both subjects can be seen elsewhere on the internet.

You’re right, I just did a google lens searches and found both. I should have thought of that. Thank you!

Anything with a stamp like that on it should be suspicious from the start - especially SS items. NH

To coin a oft used phrase, bad to the bone. Nothing good a about these two. Printed in reverse using poor quality chemicals to add a yellowing age effect (use crap fixer to get this result).

The insignia in the right marked photo all of it is backwards which makes this a mirror image photo.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill