Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

M33 SS dagger by Karl Tigel

Article about: Hello colleagues. They offer, one might say, very cheaply this SS dagger from Carl Tegel. Everything seems beautiful, but a number of nuances are annoying. What are your opinions on original

?

Default M33 SS dagger by Karl Tigel

Hello colleagues.
    They offer, one might say, very cheaply this SS dagger from Carl Tegel.
    Everything seems beautiful, but a number of nuances are annoying.
    What are your opinions on originality?
    Thanks in advance for your answers.
    Sincerely yours, Ilya
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M33 SS dagger by Karl Tigel   M33 SS dagger by Karl Tigel  

M33 SS dagger by Karl Tigel   M33 SS dagger by Karl Tigel  

M33 SS dagger by Karl Tigel  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M33 SS dagger by Karl Tigel
    P
    Many

Hello Ilya..what are your concerns on this dagger?
    It appears promising to me and there are a few SS dagger collectors that would also reply on this dagger.
    Appears to be late period consistent

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

DRGM impressed on the hanger? Not typical except pm Postschutz..

This dagger has been discussed here: Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Quote by SkylineDrive View Post
    This dagger has been discussed here: Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    The discussion on the WAF is nothing more than one line comments of "Avoid, run away and all bad" there are no significant contributing reasons why this dagger in their opinions is bad.

I would wait until some of the members here who will provide scholarly and informative information before taking to heart what has been said..

Best regards

Smitty

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    The discussion on the WAF is nothing more than one line comments of "Avoid, run away and all bad" there are no significant contributing reasons why this dagger in their opinions is bad.

I would wait until some of the members here who will provide scholarly and informative information before taking to heart what has been said..

Best regards

Smitty
    You're right about the lack of an actual discussion, and I wasn't the one to deem this dagger a fake, but forum members here at least need to be aware that the OP has already received input on this dagger elsewhere. My area of interest is generally early SS daggers, but I have owned RZM models in the past. Never a Tiegel. However, just looking at this dagger I see three things that would concern me. First, the "RZM" in the trademark and the "M 7/81" do not look like other known examples. Second, I don't like the eagle on the grip. Third, the hanger clip appears to be fake. Is that what the WAF members see?... I don't know.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M33 SS dagger by Karl Tigel  
    Attached Images Attached Images M33 SS dagger by Karl Tigel 

The Motto pattern is different to the known examples, also the wooden Handle.
    i don't believe that they had used two patterns on their RZM blades.
    Here is the right pattern and trademark
    Regards Gerd
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M33 SS dagger by Karl Tigel   M33 SS dagger by Karl Tigel  

?

For me a total fake, besides what Gert already pointed out the blade lacks the sharp center ridge on the blade, the grip is new, totally no age there, and the hanger is a total fake.

Ger