Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

I ask for help in attributing soldiers' books.

Article about: Hello. I ask for help in translating and identifying the people who owned the books. 1 book is from the Meiji period, 1907. It also follows from the notes in the book that he was awarded som

?

Default I ask for help in attributing soldiers' books.

Hello. I ask for help in translating and identifying the people who owned the books.
    1 book is from the Meiji period, 1907. It also follows from the notes in the book that he was awarded something for the Russo-Japanese War, 37-38I ask for help in attributing soldiers' books.I ask for help in attributing soldiers' books.I ask for help in attributing soldiers' books.I ask for help in attributing soldiers' books.I ask for help in attributing soldiers' books.I ask for help in attributing soldiers' books. Meiji.

?

2 The book also dates back to the Meiji period. But unfortunately I couldn’t determine anything else. As it is written in the moderator’s article, on the last pages there is additional information about companies and other things, here the book is simply covered in writing on the last pages. Thanks in advance for your help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I ask for help in attributing soldiers' books.   I ask for help in attributing soldiers' books.  

I ask for help in attributing soldiers' books.   I ask for help in attributing soldiers' books.  

I ask for help in attributing soldiers' books.   I ask for help in attributing soldiers' books.  

Surname: 熊谷 Kumagai / Kumagaya
    Given name: 喜藏 Kizou

A commoner 平民 [heimin] from 長野県 [Nagano Prefecture].

— Guy

It belonged to a Zenzo Kumagai (or Kumagaya) who belonged to the 5th Company of the 13th Field Artillery Regiment. Interestingly, although his branch of service is listed as Artillery, his final rank is shown to be a Sergeant Major 一等計手 in the accounting branch so he must have been transferred to the Accounting Branch sometime during his career.
    He was awarded the Order of the Rising Sun 7th Class and the Order of the Golden Kite 7th Class for his service in the Russo Japanese War. Although the Rising Sun 7th Class was the appropriate grade for NCO rank, the Golden Kite 7th Class was the grade for enlisted men so it must have been awarded to him for his actions while he was still an enlisted man.