Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Japanese landing craft lamp?

Article about: I decided to check out a small antique shop in my area recently. After browsing for a bit the owner asked me if I collect anything in particular. I told him I mainly focus on artifacts from

Thanks to the fine members who helped me get a better understanding of this piece, I went back to the antique shop this morning and bought the lamp! Thankfully no one else had beat me to it, and it now has a new home on my desk.

Now that I have it in hand, I thought I’d post some better photos of it. Thanks again for all the help! Without your kind assistance I would have never bought this awesome piece!

Japanese landing craft lamp?Japanese landing craft lamp?Japanese landing craft lamp?Japanese landing craft lamp?Japanese landing craft lamp?Japanese landing craft lamp?Japanese landing craft lamp?Japanese landing craft lamp?

Is that an "Off to War" banner framed and hanging in the upper right? If so, feature it in a separate post and I'll attempt a translation for you .... if you do not yet have one.

-- Guy

MAP
    ?

Looks fantastic!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by ghp95134 View Post
    Is that an "Off to War" banner framed and hanging in the upper right? If so, feature it in a separate post and I'll attempt a translation for you .... if you do not yet have one.

-- Guy
    Good eye! You're 100% correct! It is an off to war banner. I've had it for a number of years now. If I'm remembering correctly, I think I posted it here on the forum sometime back in 2018/2019. I believe I got a translation of it back then, and I think you were the one who translated it too. So you've been helping me for quite some time with my various Japanese items, and its greatly appreciated too!

?

Luftwaffe 1941,

That is an outstanding conversation piece to have on your desk. It looks awesome. Great find.

All the best,

Tracy

Great that the paint looks original, and the light fitting. Super piece! Also like the K98 propped next to it!
    Cheers,
    Tony

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2