Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

M42 CKL66 Snow/Whitewash Camo Helmet!

Article about: Hello all, I was happy to win this helmet online, and I just got home and snapped pictures of it. An original semi-relic M42 CKL Snow Camo helmet with a bullet or shrapnel hole in the front

Default M42 CKL66 Snow/Whitewash Camo Helmet!

Hello all,

I was happy to win this helmet online, and I just got home and snapped pictures of it.

An original semi-relic M42 CKL Snow Camo helmet with a bullet or shrapnel hole in the front rim. While snow/winter camo helmets are a minefield, I love the look of this one.

Enjoy!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 CKL66 Snow/Whitewash Camo Helmet!   M42 CKL66 Snow/Whitewash Camo Helmet!  

M42 CKL66 Snow/Whitewash Camo Helmet!   M42 CKL66 Snow/Whitewash Camo Helmet!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 CKL66 Snow/Whitewash Camo Helmet!
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Looks like a good winter camo to me.

Nice find
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The heat ( or rust? ) blistering to the skirt insides is unusual .....
    Not saying its bad, just unusual to see in something that is probably NOT a dug relic ( based on the amount of leather remaining )
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    The heat ( or rust? ) blistering to the skirt insides is unusual .....
    Not saying its bad, just unusual to see in something that is probably NOT a dug relic ( based on the amount of leather remaining )
    Depends where the helmet was found- leather sometimes can be in very good condition even for something that has been buried in soil for decades, usually the steel liner (especially inner band and leaf springs) is in much worse state than leather.

It may not look like it is a dug relic at first glance, but i think it likely it is one. Leather and iron can survive amazing under the right condition - but cotton is even harder to preserve. You can see that all the string holding the leather together is gone, which could - together with the bubbles - be an indicator it is indeed a relic.

In any case also a helmet i believe, its quiet a nice looking helmet, whith likely a very cruel history behind it, congrats.

MAP
    ?

I don't see this as a ground dug helmet. Most likely really poor storage, like in a barn.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)