Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need help identifying this button WW2

Article about: Need help identifying this button.

Default Need help identifying this button WW2

Need help identifying this button.

?

Hi, I'm not an expert on buttons or anything but I think it's definitively british or commonwealth because the eagle on the top of the button looks very simmilar to the eagle used on british/commonwealth air force buttons. But I'm sure someone on the forum will know exactly what it is.
    Best regards,
    Litwa
    Attached Images Attached Images Need help identifying this button WW2  Need help identifying this button WW2 

Quote by Litwa View Post
    Hi, I'm not an expert on buttons or anything but I think it's definitively british or commonwealth because the eagle on the top of the button looks very simmilar to the eagle used on british/commonwealth air force buttons. But I'm sure someone on the forum will know exactly what it is.
    Best regards,
    Litwa
    It would help to know where it was found.
    I can't say what it is at the moment but I can say for sure that it is not Royal Air Force and does not resemble any British military button I have seen.

A larger image would be good too. Is that a word or abbreviation at the bottom or just a pattern?

The eagle in flight motif is not unusual and the central device looks like it might contain a European (ie not British) style Post Horn.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Hello, I would maybe be Italian because of the circular thread on the button.

The eagle looks like from an Apini unit ( mountain troops).

Where was the button found?

Regards
    Jack