Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

F.Dula style machete - Buschmesser pre 1935

Article about: This is a latest miltaria show find, straight from the wwodwork Germany Solingen area. A German dealer had it displayed in between a handful of imperial swords. I first didn't noticed it but

?

Default F.Dula style machete - Buschmesser pre 1935

This is a latest miltaria show find, straight from the woodwork, Germany Solingen area.
    A German dealer had it stashed between a handful of imperial swords.
    I first didn't noticed it but walking away from this stand i saw a familiar sight in the corner of my eye.
    A Dula style scabbard, but way to large for a F.Dula Waidbesteck, but it also had a great stag grip.
    Looking at the scabbard it has a lot of features the Dula scabbards have, and to me more then likely that the maker of this scabbard also produced the scabbards for F.Dula.
    Its a Machete style hunting blade, to got throught the lower bushes when a prey that hasn't been killed with the first shot would crowl under, i suppose.
    It has a total length of 56 cm (22 inches)
    The beautiful stag grip shows typical German craftmanship, all rivets have washers behind the heads, and the heads are dotted by hand.
    The high quality scabbard has some nice features like a bone knot to close the retaining strap, the iron bow on top to fasten it on a shoulder strap-harnass.
    For me the a first time to see a pre 1935 German machete, enjoy the pictures of this rare beast!

Cheers,
    Ger

F.Dula style machete - Buschmesser pre 1935F.Dula style machete - Buschmesser pre 1935
    F.Dula style machete - Buschmesser pre 1935F.Dula style machete - Buschmesser pre 1935

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement F.Dula style machete - Buschmesser pre 1935
    P
    Many

That's a great find my friend.
    Really nice and very rare piece.
    Congrats

?

Very Nice Ger!

Rossi
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Over the years you have obtained many F Dula examples and just adding another thought impossibile example by this company is possible.

Would it be possible to have a photo of the whole family of F Dula examples and post it here?
    Another great find my friend

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Larry although im pretty sure the scabbard has the same maker the blade isnt marked and therefore cant be attributed to F.Dula yet.
    I hope that a similar one pops up with a maker mark.
    Till then it is a Dula adept....

Cheers
    Ger