Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Donald Sutherland

Article about: I just seen on TV another great actor has left us, Donald Sutherland passed on June twentieth, 1935-2024, rest in peace. Bill

Default Donald Sutherland

I just seen on TV another great actor has left us, Donald Sutherland passed on June twentieth, 1935-2024, rest in peace.

BillScreenshot (281).jpg
    "Only a pimp in a Louisiana whore house carries a pearl handled revolver"
    - General George Smith Patton Jr.

RIP

Great actor! Played some very memorable roles including who Hawkeye would become in the series. One of my favorite characters of all time. Not to mention, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, a great film. And all military movie buffs know The Dirty Dozen. Great old actor, up there with Lee Marvin, Eastwood, Bronson, and Coburn. Damn, am I really this old?! Lol

Green

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

I liked a lot of his characters even as Professor David Jennings in Animal House.
    RIP.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

MAP
    ?

I don't tend to give anyone from Hollywood any special consideration but he was enjoyable to watch as an actor. Obviously with Kelly's Heros being my favorite

And yes...Animal House LoL
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I liked him in his role as the IRA agent in "The Eagle has landed" with Michael Caine. Great actor.

Kelly's Heroes..

Oddball:

1, "Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves"!

2, "To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some sort of weird kind of sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers"

Fantastic!

RIP Donald Sutherland.
    Last edited by The Devil's Bank; 06-23-2024 at 09:04 AM.

He was definitely very versatile and the way he spoke had a certain rhythm to it. I thought his acting in Ordinary People was great too. Played the role of a scientist in Kate Bush’s song Cloudbusting despite initially not wanting to have anything to do with her request. That was, until she knocked on his door and explained what the song was all about.

Sad to see another actor from his generation but at least we have his work to remember him by.

Andy
    IMG_6363.jpg

Woof Woof ! R.I.P. Donald

MV5BMTQwMzA5NzExMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTEzNzYzNA@@._V1_.jpg
    The eye of the needle... superb german spy... Unforgettable

PS.
    Henry Faber – "Die Nadel". In this role, the actor is a perfect seducer and an ice-cold killer.

Regards
    Santi

?

RIP, Odd Ball...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast