Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mint Canadian DDay Veteran lot

Article about: Hi Well after a nervous nightmare due to a USPS delivery driver forging a signature because he couldn't be bothered to deliver an expensive tracked parcel on Friday night, thinking he could

Default Mint Canadian DDay Veteran lot

Hi
    Well after a nervous nightmare due to a USPS delivery driver forging a signature because he couldn't be bothered to deliver an expensive tracked parcel on Friday night, thinking he could just deliver on Saturday and nobody would mind.. The treasure arrived..I bought these from the Grandson and his wife , these mint awards from a Canadian DDay Veteran..I have his name and am currently waiting for Period images of him in Uniform and unit history.. Unfortunately the SS 25 year medal is missing albeit I have the case and ribbon , and there is an empty case for a Polizei 18 year award..
    Just shows..the stuff is still out there
    Cheers
    Fraser

- - ------- - -

Quote by fritztk View Post
    Hi
    Well after a nervous nightmare due to a USPS delivery driver forging a signature because he couldn't be bothered to deliver an expensive tracked parcel on Friday night, thinking he could just deliver on Saturday and nobody would mind.. The treasure arrived..I bought these from the Grandson and his wife , these mint awards from a Canadian DDay Veteran..I have his name and am currently waiting for Period images of him in Uniform and unit history.. Unfortunately the SS 25 year medal is missing albeit I have the case and ribbon , and there is an empty case for a Polizei 18 year award..
    Just shows..the stuff is still out there
    Cheers
    Fraser
    Thanks to Michael..MAP for helping yesterday
    Attached Images Attached Images

What a find !
    Paul

Story from Grandfather was he took them from the Reichstag Building..I originally thought, that will be a bit unrealistic, then I saw on SSBW this morning, a British Guardsman visited the Reichskanzlei ruins and took an SS 8 year cased and numerous other mint unissued awards..so maybe story is true..

All I need now is a mint 25 year SS lol

Very nice grouping...

Regarding the story of the grandfather getting them from the Reichstag.

Here is an image (One of my favorites) that shows a Russian Soldier on the front steps of the Reichstag doing some housekeeping, sweeping hundreds of medals off the steps... So, it is very plausible that the medals (or at least some) were picked up at the Reichstag. I believe there is another image similar to this one, only at a different angle.

Smitty

Thank you Smitty

MAP
    ?

Good luck on finding a mint cased 25 year. But knowing you, I'm sure you will turn on up!

Great acquisition and glad it showed up eventually

@Smitty: yes there is another a few more photos of a couple of Russian soldiers sitting on the stairs with all the boxes laying around. I guess taken after the souvenir feeding frenzy LoL

Can't copy photo so here is the link

Young Russian soldiers sitting on the staircase of the Reichskanzlei Berlin Reichstag, the signatures of the victors 2 works by Yevgeny Khaldei on artnet

I also remember seeing a photo of a Commonwealth soldier. Not sure what country though
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I only need the medal lol..
    I have the case and ribbon
    Thanks MAP

Default SS 25 year

A big Shout to Dave Wyatt for finding me the medal
    Thank you Sir

MAP
    ?

Quote by fritztk View Post
    A big Shout to Dave Wyatt for finding me the medal
    Thank you Sir
    Matches perfectly with the box and ribbon. Congrats!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)