MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Flags,Eagles,Swastikas and other items after the war

Article about: Hope this is the right section! I wonder if anyone know if any of the items in those pictures survived and still exists preserved today in museums or so? May not be the ones on the pictures

Default Huge banners

Here is another from same collection
    9.7 x 6 ft..
    Any help to identify is much appreciated
    Cheers
    Fraser
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flags,Eagles,Swastikas and other items after the war   Flags,Eagles,Swastikas and other items after the war  

?

Thank you for the incredible photos, theese flags are eyecandy to me! And I'm pretty sure the other flag is something related to the opening of the house of german art in Munich, I don't have any proof of it but it's simmilar to all the other flags displayed in the event. I would recommend looking into it.
    Best regards, Litwa
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flags,Eagles,Swastikas and other items after the war   Flags,Eagles,Swastikas and other items after the war  

Flags,Eagles,Swastikas and other items after the war   Flags,Eagles,Swastikas and other items after the war  

Flags,Eagles,Swastikas and other items after the war  

Really nice banners and those photos are just amazing
    -TJ-

Incredible piece of history you have captured there, thank you for sharing here
    Paul

Thanks guys..

Default Huge banners

Here's a few more images of 1 of the huge banners
    It weighs 17kg and the fringes are 12mm thick
    I think I've Identified them as the type flown on the East West Axis in Berlin for the Fuhrers 50th birthday parade
    The style without fringe is shown here flying from the Charlottenburg Tor and the Brandenburg Gate .I've spent over a week studying film from the period from other Berlin parades, Nuremberg Rallies etc and I can only find this style with gold braid stripes and surrounding the swastika
    Cheers
    Fraser

Flags,Eagles,Swastikas and other items after the war   Flags,Eagles,Swastikas and other items after the war  

Incredible relics, museum quality really. Any information on where the old collection acquired them? I'm thinking must have been looted by the Russians shortly after the fall of Berlin.

Default Huge banners

Hi..from what several dealers who have bought the Tapestries direct from US Veterans have told me, that the Russians allowed US and British, French military personnel into the Reichskanzlei ruins just after the fall of Berlin, supposedly around 20 Tapestries made it back to the USA from the Reichskanzlei basement and a few were hanging in a conference room in the building. I'm surmising the 2 huge banners were also perhaps stored in the Reichskanzlei, although I can't be sure on that..None of the top dealers have had one of the huge banners , so I'm guessing they are rather rare, the 1 with fringe arrived at my apartment the other day..it's absolutely massive..17kg plus and the fringes are like ropes..beautiful item..
    Thanks
    Fraser

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3