Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Deactivated MP-40

Article about: Dear fellow collectors, For quite a long time I have been interested in accuiring a deactivated MP 40 to complete one of my WW2 exhibition displays. Here´s one that has been offered to me bu

Not sure if that’s an old spec, to be honest! If you look at the photo more closely, the upper receiver has been welded to the lower at the rear, just in front of where the maker’s markings are. To my knowledge, that wasn’t done even on EU-spec guns until recently. My circa-2017 MP40 doesn’t have that.

Given I’ve seen some dealers selling EU-spec MG 42s for close to £5000, it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s a recent deac. Really hammers home how much prices have ballooned in the last few years!

B.B.

Thumbs up

Wow - it gets worse ! I hadn't noticed that - well spotted,B.B.......

Quote by Martin Bull View Post
    Wow - it gets worse ! I hadn't noticed that - well spotted,B.B.......
    I almost wish I hadn’t spotted it! It really is depressing to look at. An STG/MP44 has always been on my bucket list, but given they’re now selling for the price of a new car, I’ve had to reconsider. Even relic examples are in the thousands now. At least most bolt-actions are still relatively affordable!

B.B.

Good god the prices!! Guess they are quite rare though. Glad I at least got to hold a firing example back around 1990. Sure wish I could have tried it out!

I was able to add a lovely 1989 deact example to my collection. Will try to work out how to add pics!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3