Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

The quest for Bronze sculptures from the Reichskanzlei Berlin

Article about: The quest for Bronze sculptures from the Reichskanzlei Berlin. There is a total of 5 documented Arno Breker bronze sculptures from Reichskanzlei Berlin. 2 horses, 2 human and one AH bronze s

?

Default The quest for Bronze sculptures from the Reichskanzlei Berlin

The quest for Bronze sculptures from the Reichskanzlei Berlin. There is a total of 5 documented Arno Breker bronze sculptures from Reichskanzlei Berlin. 2 horses, 2 human and one AH bronze sculptures existed.
    Recently the 2 horses were taken from a collection, and 1 human sculpture identified at a private residence. And most recently another bronze sculpture appeared... re-found recovered and rediscovered. And that item is in my collection.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The quest for Bronze sculptures from the Reichskanzlei Berlin   The quest for Bronze sculptures from the Reichskanzlei Berlin  

The quest for Bronze sculptures from the Reichskanzlei Berlin   The quest for Bronze sculptures from the Reichskanzlei Berlin  

Attached Images Attached Images The quest for Bronze sculptures from the Reichskanzlei Berlin 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The quest for Bronze sculptures from the Reichskanzlei Berlin
    P
    Many

?

If you are interested in a better view, and additional information, feal free to watch my video documentary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sUa2fl_IYU&feature=youtu.be

The horses were sculpted by Josef Thorak and not Breker. At least one of them is now in a Berlin museum.

?

Thanks for the correction, I keep forgetting that part.

?

A recent discussion in Germany on this
    Das Geheimnis um Hitlers Hengste (2) | NDR.de - Kultur

?

Provenance is everything.
    Some of you have already seen this Bronze Plaque, that came with sworn testimony affidavit from a Peter Sichel.
    In reference to a recovered plaque from the New Reich Chancellery. Found by Dana Durand. Both Dana Durand and Peter Sichel were OSS/CIA operatives in Berlin during and after WW2. There are books out there that cover these 2 people and is easily found on the web. I was very lucky to make contact with Peter M F Sichel a few weeks ago... yes at 103 years of age, still alive and sound of mind.
    He confirmed his affidavit and info on where the Plaque was found. Provenance doesn't get better that hearing from the original vet, who recovered item.
    He basically said, that when Dana Durand died, his wife wanted to sell the bronze plaque, and he assisted her with the affidavit.
    I will post his email response and original affidavit.
    The bronze plaque was located in the ruins of the Neue Reichskanzerei, in the area by the location where plates and dishes were located.
    I added some additional pictures of the location area... mostly likely Dinning room and kitchen area of Reichskanzlei.

The quest for Bronze sculptures from the Reichskanzlei Berlin

Very interesting. I always wondered what happened to these bronze pieces. Of course Breker was well known pre-war as a sculptor, and much feted throughout Europe, sort of similarly to Leni Riefenstahl. When the conflict was over nobody wanted to know these people.