Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Identifying Various Items/Provenance

Article about: I could really use some help in identifying various items brought back by my grandfather after the end of the war. A few were added by my uncle here and there over the years before he passed

Default Identifying Various Items/Provenance

I could really use some help in identifying various items brought back by my grandfather after the end of the war. A few were added by my uncle here and there over the years before he passed this all off to me, though I'm unsure as to whether or not they're repo. I'd also appreciate it if the proper nomenclature could be included (M38 etc) as well as what you guys think each item is worth.

Again, I greatly appreciate any help you could provide.

Is #2 Reichsbahn or Postal Service?

The Luftwaffe Officer cap (tropical?) insignia looks fake to me.

Disregard the bottom belt buckle, obviously.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Identifying Various Items/Provenance
    P
    Many

?

The bottom buckle or the one on top ? This is a known fake, sorry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identifying Various Items/Provenance  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Yes your Luftwaffe cap insignia is fake....

Bob

i like the DAF Sportabzeichen (125mm?). And the Hj raute für das sporthemd looks fine. Both good originals IMO. The Hj armbinde i do not fanzy. Never liked the printed ones.

I would separate the items that your grandfather brought back if you know for certain which ones they are. Some of the items are reproduction and should be kept away from the original items so not to confuse anyone.

The Luft cap eagle and the eagle itself both look like Pakistani repros.

Smitty

1-6, possibly 7 were brought back as were the HJ items as was the flag/pendant. I have no way of being entirely sure about the drivers badge.

Speaking of the pendant.

@Gwar

Thanks for the buckle info. Greatly appreciated.

Pennant looks alright from the photo, however, could you please take closer pictures of the roundel in order to see the stitching of the roundel (white circle with swastika) to the red portion of the pennant. Also take some close-up pictures of the string please. Is the pennant one sided or two sided (meaning another roundel and swastika on the back)..

Smitty

Thanks Smitty.

Also, do you or anyone else have any idea as to the values of all of these items? There's a Militaria show tomorrow and I intend on getting rid of all of it, minus the pith and M40 helmets.

A good pennant with proper stitching and roundel.

We don't appraise items on this forum as the topic can be very subjective as we try to focus on the historical aspect of the items and not the monetary value. With this said you can search past auctions for similar items and also look at some dealer websites to get an idea of similar prices that have sold in the past.

You should not have any issues selling the original items at your upcoming show.

Good luck

Smitty

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    A good pennant with proper stitching and roundel.

We don't appraise items on this forum as the topic can be very subjective as we try to focus on the historical aspect of the items and not the monetary value. With this said you can search past auctions for similar items and also look at some dealer websites to get an idea of similar prices that have sold in the past.

You should not have any issues selling the original items at your upcoming show.

Good luck

Smitty
    Thanks Smitty, and everyone else that helped with this topic.