Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

need help researching family backgrounds, medals/badges/ranks etc.

Article about: I received some photos from my grandmother that show my great-grandpa and his brother in uniform. Since I am still very new to the area of ​​3rd Reich medals/badges/ranks, I would like t

Default need help researching family backgrounds, medals/badges/ranks etc.

I received some photos from my grandmother that show my great-grandpa and his brother in uniform. Since I am still very new to the area of ​​3rd Reich medals/badges/ranks, I would like to ask you for your help.
    Unfortunately there wasn't much talk about the bad times of the past, the only thing I know is that my great-grandfather was a prisoner of war in Vladivostok. (1. Picture the right "Wehrmacht?" Soldier and the 9 pictures below)

As far as I can tell, both soldiers in the background are wearing the ribbon “Winterschlacht im Osten 41/42”, which can be recognized by the ribbon in the middle chest area attached to the buttonhole?
    Based on the eagle on the left side of the chest and the person's belt buckle on the left side, I'm assuming it's "Luftwaffe"? Based on the chest eagle and the “God with us” belt buckle, I’m assuming the person on the right is in the Wehrmacht?

a few more pictures of the soldier from the right

What else can I see here badges/medals/ranks/associations?

This is the father of the 2 soldiers from the first picture, I think I recognize an SA sports badge, a Wehrmacht "God with us" belt buckle?

Thanks for your help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture need help researching family backgrounds, medals/badges/ranks etc.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement need help researching family backgrounds, medals/badges/ranks etc.
    P
    Many

Hi friend.

You are right

Left soldier, Luftwaffe. Right soldier: Heer

You ar right again. It's a SA Sports Badge (SA-Sportabzeichen)

PS. IMHO the belt buckle is also what you said.

Regards
    Santi

A good opportunity to see the passage of time... The children become young soldiers (although already veterans of the first winter in Russia...) and the older soldiers in the mid-30s (the father) are already retired from active service in the army. Very interesting.

As far as I know, the boy with Hitler Youth clothing is my grandfather, the middle-aged man from the Wehrmacht is his father and my great-grandpa, the Luftwaffe man is his brother. And the older man with a shawer and the SA badge was my great-great-grandpa

Great, my friend. It's your family's story. Keep it as a treasure. So numbers 2 are father and son!

Remember that if you know their exact names and surnames, you can obtain their records of their service in the army and if they died in the war, you can also obtain exact information about where they are buried. Good luck!

Regards
    Santi