Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Looking for information about Alcoso 2nd model dagger

Article about: Hello, I inherited a 2nd model Luftwaffe dagger from a family friend and I'm curious if anyone familiar with these daggers can tell if this one looks all original, and approximately what it'

Default Looking for information about Alcoso 2nd model dagger

Hello, I inherited a 2nd model Luftwaffe dagger from a family friend and I'm curious if anyone familiar with these daggers can tell if this one looks all original, and approximately what it's worth. Thanks in advance!Looking for information about Alcoso 2nd model daggerLooking for information about Alcoso 2nd model daggerLooking for information about Alcoso 2nd model dagger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Looking for information about Alcoso 2nd model dagger
    P
    Many

Hello Nerev....could you provide a close up of the crossguard eagle....the pommel and also a photo looking down at the top of the crossguard to see the oakleaf relief. Please.

The crossguard eagle looks flat.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Sure thing, how are these photos?
    Looking for information about Alcoso 2nd model daggerLooking for information about Alcoso 2nd model daggerLooking for information about Alcoso 2nd model dagger

?

I would say this is a parts dagger. Aside from the blade I don’t see any Alcoso parts.

Regards
    Danny

Interesting, thanks for the info. Other than being mismatched you’d say the pieces themselves are authentic then?

Thankyou for the extra photos it made a difference.

Alcoso stamped the top of their crossguards with the oakleaf .....in your photo the oakleaves are recessed.
    Its a good crossguard but as Danny stated its not Alcoso.....so parts dagger means a combination of good and fake fittings...or all good fittings from varied producers which still makes it a parts dagger and never left the factory that way and was assembled post war.

The breast feathering on the grip eagle shows traits of a FW Holler which matches the oakleafs on the top.

Its not a Solid Alcoso example.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks for the help, this has been sitting in a box with the rest of a small collection for almost 20 years now since the original owner passed so it’s nice to know a little more about it.

?

To compare yours with an original Alcoso piece, here is one from my collection.

Regards
    Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Looking for information about Alcoso 2nd model dagger   Looking for information about Alcoso 2nd model dagger  

Looking for information about Alcoso 2nd model dagger   Looking for information about Alcoso 2nd model dagger  

Absolutely Stunning Danny

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Absolutely Stunning Danny
    Indeed not a bad one....... LOL