Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
  • Recent forum activity

Rossi

Collection of German WW2 Light Up Items

Here are my items that have fuses and that light up. Hope they brighten up your day

06-27-2024, 11:09 PM
    Adrian

Eighty years ago today.

A nineteen year old boy died as a man in action in Normandy.

He lied about his age to join the military and on this day 80 years ago he

06-27-2024, 10:33 PM
    dri4ak

Seeking help about leather folder for docs 3 Reich

Good day dear colleagues. I have a leather folder for papers ( not my interest in collecting , got a bonus from the dealer ). The size of the folder is

06-27-2024, 08:59 PM
    ALgsp

Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter Real or fake?

Hi,
    What do you all think of this German Mother's Cross in Gold? Is it correct with medals made during the Third Reich?
    Thanks
    AGL

06-27-2024, 08:52 PM
    lazer

Temporary camp guard collar tab for review

Hello,

I got this collar tab fairly recently and I want to know if it's original or not. The buckram and black felt seem to be made of

06-27-2024, 07:40 PM
    UA1993

Greetings to everyone on this forum!

Hello. My name is Mykola, I am from Ukraine.
    I collect WWII military antiques, so I registered to get help from experts in identifying items.

06-27-2024, 06:13 PM
  • "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake

Hi Guys, as this question comes up very often, I thought it would be useful to place a pinned thread on the subject?

The key to determining an original from a fake, like so many other German items, is the reverse.

Here is the edge detail of an original. Note the pattern of the weave and how it forms a series of small almost even sized white "dots" right near the edge of the cuff title? This is only seen on originals.

The chequered black and white weave which forms the back of the title is known to collectors as "salt and pepper" weave.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake started by Adrian Stevenson View original post
  • Facebook

Virtual Grenadier - Down
Display your banner here