Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Rudolf Karneth Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch - U-Boots-Jagd - und Sicherungsverbände.

Article about: One more of the seemingly endless Karneth Minesweeper variants. This example is M3.1.9 to the best of my knowledge, it could arguably be M3.1.10 and I'm hoping Norm can chime in with his tho

?

Default Rudolf Karneth Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch - U-Boots-Jagd - und Sicherungsverbände.

One more of the seemingly endless Karneth Minesweeper variants. This example is M3.1.9 to the best of my knowledge, it could arguably be M3.1.10 and I'm hoping Norm can chime in with his thoughts on it.

The maker mark is in the level 8 position but the initials themselves are the thin type with serifs as opposed to the thicker type with serifs. I've attached one of Norm's superb comparison images for reference.

A zinc 9 wave variant (as counted from the base of the waterspout to the wreath) in nice condition with the gilt toned to a bronze colour, the remaining silver on the waves and waterspout is mostly present.

Typical Karneth reverse hardware with cast in hinge and the catch crimped in place although mobile within it's confines.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rudolf Karneth Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch - U-Boots-Jagd - und Sicherungsverbände.   Rudolf Karneth Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch - U-Boots-Jagd - und Sicherungsverbände.  

Rudolf Karneth Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch - U-Boots-Jagd - und Sicherungsverbände.   Rudolf Karneth Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch - U-Boots-Jagd - und Sicherungsverbände.  

Rudolf Karneth Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch - U-Boots-Jagd - und Sicherungsverbände.   Rudolf Karneth Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch - U-Boots-Jagd - und Sicherungsverbände.  

Rudolf Karneth Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch - U-Boots-Jagd - und Sicherungsverbände.  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rudolf Karneth Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch - U-Boots-Jagd - und Sicherungsverbände.
    P
    Many

?

Hi Adrian,

I would agree with M3.1.9. I see what you mean that the level of the mark is a bit lower on that one, presumably from placement of the reverse die, but it's not quite as low as on M3.1.10 and the font is clearly that of 3.1.9.

Best regards,
    ---Norm

?

It was a dilemma which way to go but the style of the initials rather than the placement decided it for me.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....