MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Was this Navy Good Conduct medal issued in WW2?

Article about: Ive been trying to find information about this medal and whether to add it to my WW2 medal collection. It has the slot brooch but I am unsure about whether it could be pre WW2. As well im co

Default Was this Navy Good Conduct medal issued in WW2?

Ive been trying to find information about this medal and whether to add it to my WW2 medal collection. It has the slot brooch but I am unsure about whether it could be pre WW2. As well im concerned about how 'new' the medal itself looks, although it could have just been polished? Thanks for any help
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Was this Navy Good Conduct medal issued in WW2?   Was this Navy Good Conduct medal issued in WW2?  

Was this Navy Good Conduct medal issued in WW2?   Was this Navy Good Conduct medal issued in WW2?  

I've got a very similar styled Navy good conduct medal also with a hole and separate suspension loop. Unfortunately the bar is fixed to a bar as part of a group. However the owner had an occupation medal with Europe bar and a national defense medal.

The good conduct medal in the group is named and dated 1951.

Apologies for the poor photo, done in haste on the iPad.

Default Second version Naval Good Conduct medal

Was this Navy Good Conduct medal issued in WW2? Was this Navy Good Conduct medal issued in WW2?

It’s not pre WWII it looks to be unissued and with any slotted broochmedal it’s appropriate for mid to late WWII and post war