Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mauser K98k trigger group

Article about: Hi, I want to remove a trigger group from a mauser reciever to replace it with a new one and its completely stuck, tried pushing the pin out with a hammer and a nail or pointy metal object t

?

Default Mauser K98k trigger group

Hi, I want to remove a trigger group from a mauser reciever to replace it with a new one and its completely stuck, tried pushing the pin out with a hammer and a nail or pointy metal object to no avail. Is there any way to remove a part that's so rusted and stuck without drilling it? And if I have to drill it, do I have to use a special drillbit or an ordinary one would work? And I can see (it's hard to see on the pics but its there) a broken spring inside the trigger group so I would like not to damage it more. I would really appreaciate your advice on this matter. Pics attached show trigger group in question but I wasn't sure what to photograph. Thanks in advance for any help!
    Best regards,
    Litwa
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mauser K98k trigger group   Mauser K98k trigger group  

Mauser K98k trigger group   Mauser K98k trigger group  

Mauser K98k trigger group  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mauser K98k trigger group
    P
    Many

Why do you want to put a new part on a rusted and pitted rifle? It's hardly going to improve its looks is it?

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Why do you want to put a new part on a rusted and pitted rifle? It's hardly going to improve its looks is it?
    +1
    "Only a pimp in a Louisiana whore house carries a pearl handled revolver"
    - General George Smith Patton Jr.

?

I don't really care about looks I just want to have a working trigger, and the replacement one is not in the best shape either. I just want the mechanisms to function.

I've removed these a few times in the past on some of the project K98s I used to have. A hammer and pin always did the trick, but they were not in relic condition like this. I know this may seem very obvious, but have you used any type of lubricating oil? I would completely saturate the pin in something like WD40 and then give it another go.

I assume you're trying to fit this barrel & receiver to a stock, and for display purposes you want a more intact trigger. Personally, I would leave a relic like this alone, and display it as it sits. But it is your call.

?

Sadly for me, I'm pretty sure I used half a can of WD40 trying to get this trigger off. I'll try putting it in a vice and trying with more force, and also which side do I try to push it out on? The one with the bolt stop or the other side?

?

Hello,

Try using fire, making it warm/hot and then squeezing it out...

?

Do you mean boiling it or putting it in an acual fire?

Heat it up with a torch if that's possible then give it a good hit when it's really hot, if that doesn't work use a cobalt drill bit to drill it out

?

Welp, I've tried boiling it then spraying wd40 and trying to get it out and now I've tried heating it up with a torch to no avail maybe I'll figure out something else in the future but for now I won't drill it