Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Medal detecting in Normandy question

Article about: I'll be traveling from the USA to Normandy area around the 22nd of next month. Is there any legal way to go hunting? Thanks in advance!

Jzo
    ?

Default Medal detecting in Normandy question

I'll be traveling from the USA to Normandy area around the 22nd of next month. Is there any legal way to go hunting? Thanks in advance!

MAP
    ?

I have moved your post into it's own thread
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

i know its illegal in normandy. Ive heard if you get caught, you will lose you're detector, recieve a fine and get a ban from entering France for a period of time.

Maybe if you get premission from a land owner ?

DO NOT go metal detecting in Normandy. You can be arrested, fined, imprisoned, (normally not for long but enough to make your holiday snaps interesting) and any vehicle you are in will be seized as well as the detector and all finds. The securite Civil are not forgiving and particularly grumbly about this.

Of course you have to get caught so it is up to you, you roll the dice but it will ruin your holiday.

Oh, and I am talking from a standpoint of strength, as when I have been out working with our counterparts there we have done exactly that to people we see doing it. Likewise recovery of souvenirs is fraught with danger so be careful, buying it in a shop is one thing but trying to bring back rust and dust, especially ammunition or weapon related material can gain you considerable hurt. The last I dealt with in UK got a lengthy 'suspended' sentence and a big fine, (we also had him banned by the ferry companies and tunnel for life. The inconvenience is a far better deterrent than most other things).

R

?

Might come with you Jzo,penalties don't seem too bad.

Hello, in France it's prohibited except if you have one permit by authorities, very hard to have.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

You can lost your car. By Gendarmerie...
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Jzo
    ?

Thanks all!