Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Edward Wusthof NSKK Dagger RZM M7/12 with "B" Group Mark

Article about: Just thought I'd post some pics of this RZM M7/12 dagger with a "B" group mark. Certainly rare/suspicious since RZM don't have group marks typically. In addition Larry's post on &q

Default Edward Wusthof NSKK Dagger RZM M7/12 with "B" Group Mark

Just thought I'd post some pics of this RZM M7/12 dagger with a "B" group mark (Waffenfabrik Max Weyersberg, not Ed Wusthof like I originally thought). Certainly rare/suspicious since RZM don't have group marks typically. In addition Larry's post on "SA Gruppe marks known to Dagger Producers" for earlier examples by this maker, Waffenfabrik Max Weyersberg, don't include the "B" group mark.

Either it's a one off/rare or messed with, I'm not sure...it came in a lot with several other dagger that were all good examples here: Large Haul Sa/NSKK Daggers

Thanks,
    Ben

Edward Wusthof NSKK Dagger RZM M7/12 with "B" Group MarkEdward Wusthof NSKK Dagger RZM M7/12 with "B" Group MarkEdward Wusthof NSKK Dagger RZM M7/12 with "B" Group MarkEdward Wusthof NSKK Dagger RZM M7/12 with "B" Group MarkEdward Wusthof NSKK Dagger RZM M7/12 with "B" Group Mark

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Edward Wusthof NSKK Dagger RZM M7/12 with "B" Group Mark
    P
    Many

?

Hi Benpitch.
    The pictures you took of this dagger are bad and confusing. Shoot the daggers separately and in the correct direction. Focus on the details you want an opinion on. Try to authenticate all the daggers separately. It is possible to miss some details when buying so many daggers at once. The crossguards and fittings on this dagger are well cleaned. The crossguards appear to be of an early period. Wait for more opinions.
    Regards Georgi.

Hi Ben...all I can say as I have said in the past with regards to late period SA daggers.....we have seen sloppy put togethers poorly fitted and also mix and match ....some dealers and also some collectors accept mix in match daggers due to lack of materials and cobbling together daggers to get them out the production door.

Only if I had a desire to add and RZM dagger to my collection ....it has to be RZM all the way with either mid or late period construction and fittings.
    Having a dagger that has all 3 production periods is too much to think about creating alot of questions and doubt.

The dagger you posted above is Third Reich period authentic parted fittings.
    Not one for me and I dont want to keep guessing about it.

Now with Max Weyersburg...never say never as the Gruppe marks list is not complete and sometimes a gruppe mark appears that may have not been listed..but usually its for a discussion to see how the dagger is fitted together and also ...if applicable ..being able to see any internal markings that will confirm a match with that producer.

For me Ben..this M7/12 is a pass

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill