Miro-militaria.com - Top
Display your banner here

What do I do?

Article about: After collecting for over 60 years, I am trying to downsize. Can anyone tell be the best way to sell the following items. I have some of them examined online in this forum and were judged to

Default What do I do?

After collecting for over 60 years, I am trying to downsize. Can anyone tell be the best way to sell the following items. I have some of them examined online in this forum and were judged to be authentic. I am including pictures.
    1. On Ebay or another online service as a lot or by piece?
    2. Main Auction houses? (Heritage, Southerbys, Goldin, Etc)
    3. Any ideas of the value?

A. First is a case full of WWII German Submarine Kriegsmarine pins and medals.
    B. Second is a case of American Submarine medal and Pins.
    C. The third one is the most unusual, a book written by Martin Shapiro.
    a. it is an incomplete manuscript that appears to have been completed and published (It has an ISBN number).
    b. Includes over 80 original photos.
    c. It has the artwork.
    d. I have never been able to find a copy of the book.
    I apologize for having the pics rotated. They are correct on my computer but I can't edit them

Any help appreciated!

WW2 MedalLOT 1.jpgWW2 Lot 2.jpgIMG_0309.jpgIMG_0344 2.jpgIMG_0337.jpgIMG_0316.jpgIMG_0318.jpgIMG_0322.jpg

?

Post your pieces individually in the correct forums for opinions, that way you will peace of mind and so will any potential buyers when you can use the thread to refer to.

There is a sales section on the forum you can sell items in.

Ebay could be an avenue for non Third Reich items, if you post anything from Germany of that era you will run the risk of falling foul of the inconsistent ebay police.

Or you could go for an auction house. Being in the US you could try Ratisbons who have auctions based out of America. It might be easier than going for a European outlet by the time you've sent the items etc.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Selling the pieces on the forum would most likely be your best bet in regard to getting your money's worth. You consign them to an auction house, and they sell you will have to pay their prices and overhead costs so you may not profit much.

Agree that you can post the items here for vetting and then post them in the Sale section. I am sure there are members here who would be interested in what you have to sell.

Smitty

Good luck in your quest.

When my mom passed, I received her doll collection. Over 300 pieces.
    We looked at all the same ways of selling that are listed above. Auction houses
    want IMO too much commission. We had some dealers extremely interested but
    they offered only very low ball prices for the lot.

We settled on piecing the collection out on ebay.
    The good and rare items went fast. The rest took us nearly 3 years to sell off.
    In terms of $$$. We did better doing it the way that we did it but it took way
    longer than we expected and it's a lot of work.

good luck.
    Last edited by Chopperman; 06-15-2024 at 03:13 AM.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.