Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bulgarian M36B

Article about: Greetings: I am posting this for my son who is starting to collect WW2 helmets. But finances are tight so he needs to stick to lower cost nations so he can collect high quality. He has, for

Default Bulgarian M36B

Greetings:

I am posting this for my son who is starting to collect WW2 helmets. But finances are tight so he needs to stick to lower cost nations so he can collect high quality. He has, for example a French helmet and a Polish. To encourage him to learn how to collect, I offered to share the cost if he wrote a paper. He did that for the Bulgarian helmet and, did a nice job, over many months. He settled on a Bulgarian M36B — of good quality, ie decal, original liner. But we can not seem to find a B and a search of this site leads me to believe this may be difficult.

I am looking for advice on where to look for this type of helmet or to understand if this is an impossible/challenging goal. He may switch to a C, but I am encouraging him to stick with it. He is patient but only 11 so patience has limits. I have looked on line a fair amount as well as eBay. Help?

Thanks

?

Hello. Check out this site. The site is in Bulgarian and it is possible to find such a helmet.
    старинна каска М36 M36 БЪЛГАРСКА АРМИЯ | Каски, Шлемове | Военни предмети | BalkanAuction
    Regards Georgi.

World War Helmets - Accueil hopefully this will help a lot.

?

Hi, I've bought a few helmets from this seller located in Bulgaria. Decent prices, received items in about 2 weeks. Make sure you take a GOOD LOOK at photos of helmets. Nice project, guys. Jack

https://www.ebay.ca/sch/mirosl39/m.h....m47492.l71970

99% of Bulgarian M36 helmets postwar overpainted and with refurbished liners. Original wartime paint and correct interior are difficult to find.

Might to difficult to find one in original condition, but I would advise searching ebay - I got all mine from there and even though I don't specifically look for them now I notice them from time to time.

Try a simple search for 'helmet' and select 'Bulgaria' in the Located In box. NB obviously examples may be sold from other countries but it's a start. Try European Union in the left hand column menu also.

Hello,

I am form Bulgaria, new to forum.

Concerning the M36's original variants - they are getting hard or impossible to be purchased even here.
    Reworked examples lack their charm.

That is what I call little pile of original prewar M36.
    Upper row is C variations.
    Nothing to say on them.
    Really can be seen that colour variation exist.
    Lower on the left two pieces of A variant.
    Also colour variation, paint is getting oxidized during the years.
    Lower right - B variant with three and far lower right with four rivets.
    All original except the B variant with 4 oversized rivets - missing the originals, but I am searching.
    That is concerning the M36.

BR,

Alex
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bulgarian M36B  

?

Welcome to the forum Humanic. Nice little pile of M36s. Good timing, because I have a renewal of interest for the M36, an amazing helmet that as been in the shadow far to long. Jack

Thank you.

Among the things, which are not known on the M36 variants, it looks that blueish gray existed.

What was the purpose it is not known.

Just to mention - we are now talking only on precommunist era.

Bulgarian M36B

Bulgarian M36B

However, I have some photos from screenshots.

BR,

Alex

?

Among the things, which are not known on the M36 variants, it looks that blueish gray existed.
    Thanks Alex, can we see a good photo of the chinstrap? I'm curious. Jack

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast