Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS dagger at estate sale this weekend - thoughts from limited picture?

Article about: Hi guys, I was clicking through pictures from an estate sale coming up on Thursday and there appears to be a SS dagger. This is the only picture that they have and it is not listed in the sa

Default SS dagger at estate sale this weekend - thoughts from limited picture?

Hi guys,

I was clicking through pictures from an estate sale coming up on Thursday and there appears to be a SS dagger. This is the only picture that they have and it is not listed in the sale manifesto. Any thoughts or red flags you can see from this one photo? It's about a 50 mile drive for me. Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS dagger at estate sale this weekend - thoughts from limited picture?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS dagger at estate sale this weekend - thoughts from limited picture?
    P
    Many

Hello Bush...its going to have to be a 50 mile drive to get better photos...this one is not enough. Sorry
    Have a safe drive

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

The best I can say it looks to be a late production dagger. Not sure of its authenticity.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks Larry - I noticed the same. Looks like a painted scabbard and I'm thinking it might be a reproduction. I know a little about SS daggers and I will do some additional research before I head out. Any main things to look for with an authentic RZM SS?

It might be worth the drive if you have nothing else to do, and hopefully the dagger is not a reproduction but you never know..

Good luck

Smitty

The best advice I can give you with RZM SS daggers is take a little time before you leave and read through a few of the threads here in this forum....but without extra photos..I can not really say its authentic as RZM SS daggers are easily faked....and there are certain details that on every RZM dagger do vary by the producer...but without seeing an RZM number ..there is no identity of a producer and cant define any details what to look for.

A quick point would to see if the blade motto and RZM number ...if it is a current repro will show a dull looking etch and not sharp looking.
    Thats all I can say.

Regards Larry
    Last edited by Larry C; 09-16-2024 at 04:24 PM.

The grip shape is not right and it looks like it's made of plastic... not much hope for this one.

?

In case the scabbard is inserted correctly, the eagle and the SS pin should be visible on this side of the dagger. Maybe it is not even a repro. And SkylineDrive is absolutely right... the grip shape is far from an original...